Color Blind Issues in Domination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellblaue

08-04-2011

Maybe its just me but after watching the trailer for like the 5th time I realized that the towers are RED/GREEN? I am pretty sure that those are color that people with color blindness have a problem with. So maybe a different set of colors would work better.

After a quick wiki look up this is a direct copy I found.

Based on clinical appearance, color blindness may be described as total or partial. Total color blindness is much less common than partial color blindness. There are two major types of color blindness: those who have difficulty distinguishing between red and green, and who have difficulty distinguishing between blue and yellow.

Total color blindness

Partial color blindness
Red-green
Dichromacy (protanopia and deuteranopia)
Anomalous trichromacy (protanomaly and deuteranomaly)

Blue-yellow
Dichromacy (tritanopia)
Anomalous trichromacy (tritanomaly)

Anywho, I just wanted to post this and see what people thought. I know I've seen posts in the HUD section about color blind modes and other topics so I figured I would post this observation I had.

Thanks for your time!

Eric Out!

Evilwipet

08-04-2011

A friend of mine is color blind and he can't see red or green (kinda sucks when he go to the lazerquest, but whatever) And i'd like to play with him in that awesome new mode without any probleme of the kind.

So bump for great justice

OmniknightJohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I am red-green colorblind, and I could tell the difference in that map. The colors are diverse enough, and contrast enough within the structures that even colorblind people can tell the difference between friendly and enemy. It'll look different to me than it does to a regular person, but the important thing is that distinguishing between allies and enemies is possible.

Hellblaue

08-04-2011

Again I was just seeing what people thought about it. I wasn't sure and just wanted to see if there was an issue or not. Easier to fix now than when it is already out.

ItzWarty

08-04-2011

Even if it were to be a barrier to the colorblind (and it seems like it isn't), it would take 5 minutes to release a custom mod to address this.

BackTracedIt

08-04-2011

I could tell the difference in the spotlight, I bet it will be a bit more chaotic and harder to tell in the real game but I think I can manage

-Color Blind Guy

Hellish

08-04-2011

Oh No! Now that Lee Sin on my team won't know what to attack.