Backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dance Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I've read some articles about Dominion, and one in particular said its team had the strategy of hard pushing with 4 people and having a single 1 go around and take bases. This really sounds similar to how irritating backdooring is in Summoner's Rift.

I understand that Dominion probably won't be as focused on 5v5 team fights as SR, but what stops easy BDing from occurring? It'd seem as though doing backdooring is a lot easier than the counterplay for it (for example, there are 3 bases you control, and there's a 4v4 at one of them; you only have a 50% chance of either doing a 1v1 block or just being completely useless, while the attacker can attack either and have a chance at success).

SexyChica88

08-04-2011

That's where strategy and defense come into play. I think Heimer will be played a LOT more on this map. Just a guess.

dalzara

08-04-2011

Will be curious how the tactics evolve but I am guessing you will see few big team fights and a lot of 1v1 2v2 type fights breaking out. It all really depends on the layout of the map. If its like a similar type map in wow called arathi highlands some nodes are pretty good choke points so if you can hold those you don't defend the ones in back as much and its hard to back door them.