Announcer is great

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rushe

07-29-2009

Definitely need some changes with the announcer. He doesn't command the same authority as the DotA announcer and I don't think it's fitting. I would personally prefer for champion voices to make their own announcements; that would be pretty epic.

If not, get someone who's got a more guttural and tonal voice. The inherent competition and name-calling is a base and instinctual thing in an of itself; it requires the right kinds of emotions to portray "owned" as you would say it in your head... "owned." The gameshow-style voice acting doesn't fit because when you say "owned" to yourself or to your teammates, you're not trying to do it in an obnoxious gameshow voice. Rather you say it with as much testoserone as you can muster.

Curse

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
For some unknown reason, a part of me thinks the announcer would be better with a British accent.
I would totally prefer a very strong Indian accent announcer lol....can you imagine :P

Morry

08-01-2009

Owned! Owned! Owned!Owned! Owned! Owned!....roughly 50 times a game you hear Owned!. I feel a message on the screen would be sufficient, or at least if you have to say something after every kill, have the announcer be useful and use different sayings for team kills vs enemy kills.

Platinumstorm

08-02-2009

I can't stand hearing owned all the time. Like someone else said - first kill is fine.. even killing spree. Hopefully there are many customizable options to turn off certain sayings by the announcer.

Volo

08-04-2009

Agree with above.

The owned gives a lovely tournament feel, but 50 times a game is just too much, especially when the shouts queue up..

Nevertheless, customizable options and a minor notification would be nice...

and perhaps just saved the owned for when ppl truly gets owned, i.e entire team dies and the other team looses none...

my 10 cents..

Volo

Edit: And the voice person does a lovely job imho^^

Artamisprime777

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
For some unknown reason, a part of me thinks the announcer would be better with a British accent.
Hogs for warts. Or 4 more Hogwarts's. oil imo.