My predictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villiroth

08-04-2011

SR will die after the vast majority of not-so-serious moba players move on to Dominion and Riot begins to balance champs for Dominion instead of SR or a comparative balance sheet.

All those "OP" beefy AD champs will now become stupid OP in Dominion leading to a bunch of nerfs that will further affect SR(and the few that play TT) to the point that AD is almost completely not viable.

With the Dota 2 release there will be a MUCH larger exodus of players as more people get mad at Riot for not releasing Magma Chamber like was announced almost a year ago and they get tired of empty promises.(You really expect me to believe its easier to code, design and balance an entire new game mode instead of one 5v5 map?)

LoL will take a back seat in the moba genre as a more professional and polished company takes the reigns as leader in the moba industry, resulting in Riot losing funds and being forced to crank out even more 6300 IP champs and horribly overpriced skins to continue to fund their servers.

LET THE DOWNVOTES BEGIN!

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

uhh, what? I'm pretty sure you can balence 2 maps/modes at once, even better, addor removeitems instead due to items being easaier to remove than nerfs to champs

genericpoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Riot plans on balancing Dominions through items and not champions changes.

Villiroth

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresterz View Post
uhh, what? I'm pretty sure you can balence 2 maps/modes at once, even better, addor removeitems instead due to items being easaier to remove than nerfs to champs
Really? Then why didn't they do that with all the nerfs to fix champs on TT?

@letme

Riot also planned to released a 10v10 map which later got demoted to a 5v5 which is apparently now canceled. They also planned to release new champs "at all price points", yet so far there have only been a couple 3150 and 4800 IP champs and the rest have inflated the 6300IP price point. Dont you love Riots plans?

NastyBeloche

08-04-2011

Or these theoretical nerfs can be implemented into Dominion only. Just a theory. To be honest even TT isn't that imbalanced. Besides with banning and counter picking obvious cheese can be avoided. Not to forget sometimes a little cheese is fun in ranked 3s. That's why some people chose to play 3s.

Obviously TT and SR have extremely different strategies when it comes to team composition. I'm very interested to see what kind of new dimensions Dominion brings to the table.

My prediction for dota 2, I really don't see Dota 2 doing very well at all. If anything those Heros-0-N fanboys that are too headstrong to convert to LoL will finally have a new game they can pretend is better than LoL. But really they will still just be lying to themselves.

Champions that cost 6300 IP is to create longevity in the LoL game. If dota 2 doesn't implement champion buying, and something like runes / masteries. The game will feel just as dated as WC3 Dota.

Blanic

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
SR will die after the vast majority of not-so-serious moba players move on to Dominion and Riot begins to balance champs for Dominion instead of SR or a comparative balance sheet.

All those "OP" beefy AD champs will now become stupid OP in Dominion leading to a bunch of nerfs that will further affect SR(and the few that play TT) to the point that AD is almost completely not viable.

With the Dota 2 release there will be a MUCH larger exodus of players as more people get mad at Riot for not releasing Magma Chamber like was announced almost a year ago and they get tired of empty promises.(You really expect me to believe its easier to code, design and balance an entire new game mode instead of one 5v5 map?)

LoL will take a back seat in the moba genre as a more professional and polished company takes the reigns as leader in the moba industry, resulting in Riot losing funds and being forced to crank out even more 6300 IP champs and horribly overpriced skins to continue to fund their servers.

LET THE DOWNVOTES BEGIN!
looks like you have played as Jax, Xin and Rumble in TT
you are the kind of summoner that is alwais crying OP but love using an OP champ, thats lame
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blanic the wave cleaner

Villiroth

08-04-2011

I actually dont play either of those champs on either TT or SR and never really like the TT play style, I just know that champs have been nerfed specifically because they were too good in TT.