@Riot: Is the Leaked Dominion Info Correct?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OberonDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Seeing as you shut down the forums yesterday to try to control the leak, I was wondering if we were just right about Dominion and the core concept, or all the details too.

Info

You start the game mode at level 3 with 1300 gold.
Games are fast paced and end quickly (<30 minutes).
Map is a large circle.
Five capture points on the map (think Arathi Basin, and CTF game). You have to take control of as many points as you can.
No neutral creeps, very few bushes on the map.
Neutral rune buffs that you can pick up in the middle of the map (ie, heal, run speed).
Apparently new masteries, summoner spells, and items exclusive to Dominion.
Both teams start with 400 points. Points dwindle when the opposing team captures and holds towers. When your team runs out of points, game over.
The turrets attack you unless you're channeling to capture the turret.

Can you guys back up any of this info? It would always help to have more info available to the public. Or if it's just one version you're playing around with it'd be nice to know that too.

Source: http://paste bin.com/ciCSb04n (Remove the space)

Covenant

08-04-2011

That's not leaked, those were from interviews. So yes, it's true.

The two spells you have in Dominion are Garrison (improve the potency of a structure) and Promote (which is apparently coming back) and the new locked-out spells are Teleport and Fortify.

The points are not points persay, they're hitpoints on the Nesus. The longer you hold your control points the faster the enemy Nexus takes damage. Presumably you cannot attack it directly, though maybe if you control all 5 points you can--not that it would matter much, I'm sure the thing would drain pretty fast.

Also, they'll be porting some of those features over to SR. I really couldn't care less about domination--it's a nice toy but doesn't look that good--but I am interested in porting over some of the advanced UI and improved score counter features into Summoner's Rift.

OberonDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
That's not leaked, those were from interviews.
Oh, link? I didn't see any interviews. This is just what was leaked before and I was curious if it was accurate or if we just got Dominion right.

pwntifex maximus

08-04-2011

Dominion media coverage. Why this wasn't sticky is beyond me.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1054747

Covenant

08-04-2011

There was also one in Gamasutra and a few other outlets.