JaM's Dominion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UberTacticool

08-04-2011

tarics gunna need a new skin to go with this map.

possibly a nice yordle fur coat :P

support is gunna have a bigger presence on this map/mode.

jaMx

08-04-2011

considering there are no towers to hide under...i dont think it will

Tenant

Friend of Urf

08-04-2011

Let's make a tier list for a game mode that doesn't even exist yet.

...Yeah..yeah, this is a good idea!

jaMx

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
Let's make a tier list for a game mode that doesn't even exist yet.

...Yeah..yeah, this is a good idea!
...Yea..yeah, you read my post!

...clearly said it was for fun and just theory craft....

RBomb19

08-04-2011

I disagree with a lot of your picks for a few reasons. In my opinion, this game mode is going to relate to Guild Wars's Jade Quarry PVP where players capture strategic points and effectively, race turtles to return resources back to their base. Capturing objectives provides resources for turtles to carry, and side objectives with archers to attack enemies and enemy turtles help your cause.

For those who have played the game and want to point out the flaws in the analogy, I admit it isn't perfect. In the Guild Wars map, nuking minions is what scores you capture points which doesn't apply here.

With that in mind, I predict the strongest champions will definitely be those with fast movement speed, sustainability, and high damage output. This means that Tanky DPS champions will definitely be at the top of the list while slow, squishy characters will probably be closer to the bottom even though they have high damage output. The metagame strategy will determine this, but the effectiveness of 1v1 champions and assassins will depend on how often people focus on moving in groups as opposed to splitting up to capture objectives.

Because of this, I think a few of your picks are very much off. Trundle and Garen should definitely prove to be great characters. Garen is tanky and can have huge damage output at early levels with his spin. Trundle has decent survivability, but he is also almost immune to CC with Merc's and has solid damage output and great movement control.

On the other hand, Anivia, being super slow and requiring a lot of time to farm will probably be a poor choice for this map mode. I'm not sure how many supports will do, but Janna with her ability to move enemies capturing points, heal her whole team, and boost movement speed will be great.

Kabalite

08-04-2011

Heimerdinger should be higher, holding a checkpoint is his specialty.

Drackus

08-04-2011

Do you understand how tier lists work? It's not about randomly making **** up...

Talz

08-04-2011

Are you serious?! With the enlarged map, Rammus' speed would put him at a HUGE advantage!

nukaduke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

From the gaming articles, there is no laning phase for Dominion, so why would a champions ability to lane affect their ability to be good in dominion?

Mitosis

08-04-2011

How is mundo last? He's basically in early game, and the whole game mode looks like a streched out early game.