To Riot: Give yourself a solid deadline on finishing Dominion mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanderitaUSA

08-04-2011

Maybe they are afraid because no one knows when a product will be finished, so ETAs and deadlines can and will backfire. If you set a deadline but later you found a problem, you have to either miss it or release something buggy or bland, like any of the Windows OS versions or Internet Explorer for that matter.

stormlifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

"Solid Deadlines" don't belong in creative projects. I want to know when too, but honestly when it's done it'll be done.

schuss

08-04-2011

It's a lose-lose because this will happen:
1. It's not 100%, just 99% at release deadline - gets released, bugs ensue - Lose
2. It's not 100% at deadline - delayed - Lose
3. It's 100% at deadline - Win! - (note - nothing is ever 100%)

Software development, especially in such a subjective arena, is hard.

QsR

08-04-2011

soooo when is the pax date/

Scrumpy Jack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuss View Post
It's a lose-lose because this will happen:
1. It's not 100%, just 99% at release deadline - gets released, bugs ensue - Lose
2. It's not 100% at deadline - delayed - Lose
3. It's 100% at deadline - Win! - (note - nothing is ever 100%)

Software development, especially in such a subjective arena, is hard.
Or number 4: It's a win because they say it will be released October 14th and they actually release it September 27th. (didn't check the calendar for tuesdays, just made some dates up.)

BanderitaUSA

08-04-2011

So they can say "We'll release it at 31 December", then release it at 31 August and they will be doing great because they did it early?
Or the community will ***** about how they lie to us and tell us wrong information and stuff.
Yeah, thought so, the community sucks most of the time.

tibot

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it.
its not a lose lose, you imply that your not just a hair above valve in the terrible time line. IN fact i would be shocked if domenion relase before 2nd qrt 2012.

LilDipper

08-04-2011

Season 1 ends mid August, and then Season 2 Preseason starts about 2 weeks after that. Preseason 2 will last about 8 weeks, so I would guess that Dominion will be released around the first week of October, giving them a full month to have it fully up and running before Regular Season 2 starts.

This is all my own thoughts, so don't ask for proof or something like that.

Prodig33

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scien View Post
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Go here and tell me agian about deadlines.
lol

Prexxus

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodig33 View Post
lol
Seriously, compared Valve to Riot? They're not even remotely in the same league.

Honestly though I really don't care. As long as it gets finished I'm happy. I'm SUPER excited about this new map and game mode

The only thing that really got me was I thought it was coming out this week at first. But hey, can't complain really. The game is absolutely free and still very enjoyable.