Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Been messing with Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

08-04-2011

My build:

Start:
---
Sapphire Crystal + 2 hp pots

1st back @ 6:
---
Catalyst + Boots of Speed

After that point no purchases are set in stone. If our team is doing well I will turn Catalyst into RoA otherwise I start build more defense:
---
If enemy CC Heavy: Rush Merc Treads (otherwise don't finish boots yet)
If enemy have majority AD (or AD is fed): 2 Chain Vest.
If majority AP (or AP is fed): 2 Negatron Cloak.
If 2 AP, 2 AD, Tank (and no one is fed): Chain Vest + Negatron Cloak

Once I have starting defense items, assuming I didn't already finish due to the above condition, I will finish RoA. Next I finish my boots into either Ninja Tabi (if a lot of AD but barely any CC) or usually Merc Treads, assuming I didn't need to rush Mercs at the beginning.

Okay so from this point on there are a lot of options on how to finish off vests/cloaks so I decide from this point what type of second effects would counter the enemy threats the most but there are quite a lot to list.

Remember that the majority of the cost in finishing items are paying for secondary effects. Rushing higher priced finished items, instead of cost effectively building up your basic important stats by filling slots with different low cost recipe components, will usually leave you at a disadvantage in the early/mid stages of the game.

YakuiNijiura

08-04-2011

I like Singed, because when you play him right, the entire team has to go out of their way to kill you. He keeps lanes pushed all day every day. Tower dive like a boss. If he's got a friend nearby, it doesn't matter where you are. He will make you out of position.

The only time I dislike Singed, is when he's on the other team.

patriclus

08-04-2011

Quote:
TwistWrist:
Kind of wish there was an armor item that increased move speed. I love getting FoN on Singed. Probably should get some move speed quints for him as well.

lol, not much besides ninja tabi :P

Urscythe

08-04-2011

Quote:
YakuiNijiura:
I like Singed, because when you play him right, the entire team has to go out of their way to kill you. He keeps lanes pushed all day every day. Tower dive like a boss. If he's got a friend nearby, it doesn't matter where you are. He will make you out of position.

The only time I dislike Singed, is when he's on the other team.

I caved and bought Blitzcrank with Riot Points earlier today. I unlocked Sion with IP yesterday (because I had enough to buy a champ and was getting bored of Singe every single game since none of the other free champs this week really cater to my style.) Blitzcrank is hilarious fun.

Don't even think about how ridiculous Blitzcrank is with Singed. Hook someone, pop them into the air, then Singe flings them, pop em again, and if they're somehow not dead you can just run them down with Overdrive and hook them again and start the rapecycle all over. The things me and this Singed were doing to a Veigar and Ashe were unspeakable.

phatmonkey91

10-05-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:
Kind of wish there was an armor item that increased move speed. I love getting FoN on Singed. Probably should get some move speed quints for him as well.

move quints on him make him GOD after lvl 3 you prob wont even have to worry about last hitting. just run ur poison thru teh wave and the entire wave drops and you should get the gold for most of em (like 85-90% of the wave) ward part of the enemy jungle and you can sit between the enemy turrets and tear apart the enemy minion waves which would force the other laner to farm at turret losing their farm, or chase you which obviously costs them farm. Either that or they can wait for the jungler to come and u can slow and displace him and run out thru the jungle (possibly taking some jungle minions with u with the poison) either way i c it as a win win win, though it can be messy if the others realize ur there which could be death. though it does allow ur minions to tear appart the enemy front line turret. I mean lets face it singed at a low lvl (or any lvl really ) does like no dammage to the turret anyway lol

TwistWrist

10-05-2012

Why are you necroing such old threads?

And really, pushing with Singed at level 3 is kind of a bad move.

ACGIFT

10-05-2012

No matter how you build Singed, you kind of need to rush your Catalyst; remember that Singed gains max health for building max mana, and ALWAYS suffers from mana issues early to mid game. While it's possible to delay making a Rod of Ages, I always go for it; after all, you ALREADY built the Catalyst which is a huge part of it.

Also, later on the Catalyst's passive becomes worth less and less, namely after you're done laning entirely; then sustainability like that doesn't matter anywhere near as much.

However, Rylai's is still indeed very powerful, as you can readily keep enemies quite slow with your poison; once you consider that Singed almost invariably builds Boots of Swiftness and has his ult and should pretty much always take Ghost, keeping up with enemies is easy.

However, after usually two AP items (sometimes I go for a Hextech Revolver) I tend to build more strictly tanky on him; after all, his role is to be in the thick of action to lay down his poison. Frozen Heart can work, though by that point he often doesn't need the mana that much. (I'd still likely take it over Thornmail when facing a team of ADs)

TwistWrist

10-05-2012

One, this is an old thread and you need to stop bumping it.

Two, Boots of Swiftness are the biggest noobtrap on Singed. If you actually needed to run into the enemy team and flip someone out, you go Merc threads. Don't ever go around telling people to get Swift boots on Singed. You'd have to be going against a completely incompetent team for it to work.

Three, Hextech Revolver makes zero sense unless you are going a heavy AP build which was popular with jungle Singed (plus he actually needed the sustain). Realistically, FoN does more for Singed.

And finally, you aren't buying Frozen Heart for useable mana. You buy it for a stupid amount of armor, health from your passive, the aura, and especially the large amount of CDR allows you to be more useful. Thorn Mail doesn't make sense on Singed because no one should be focusing Singed.

Please learn more about the game before you write so much stuff. Your presentation is fine but your content is woefully wrong often.

Hoizengerd

10-06-2012

it's all fun n games, until you get ignited

Abdelazar

10-07-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:

Ninja Tabi. But probably not what you're looking for. Maybe Randuin's? Gives you armor and decreases other people's move-speed (item active).