DETAILS on Dominion! (easy to read)

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Square Apple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I read every article from http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1054747 and pulled out some unique info from each article.

This is what I understood so far...

- 5 capture points
- Map is a massive circle
- Center of map has power ups, called Greater Relics (like speed boosts) that are obtained by channeling for a period of time.
- 5 further out powers that regen health fast
- Can't move/attack while capturing a node, more teammates that help the faster it captures
- Each player starts at lvl 3
- Each players starts with 1375g
- You level up MUCH quicker as well as get money faster
- No jungle (but there are bushes)
- Magic/Armor resistances changed slightly in this mode
- Some items (examples are Banshee's and Madreds) are disabled in this mode all-together
- There are new items as well, "One of the new weapons is called Ionic Spark. It adds health and attack speed, as well as a proc that does a chain lightning attack to a few nearby enemies"
- Capturing points takes health away from the enemy nexus, until you win
- Games last around 20 minutes on average, compared to the 40 or so now
- Summoner spells Teleport and Fortify are unavailable in Dominion
- Instead you get Promote (Upgrade minion) and Garrison (buff/nerf team/enemy tower, choose 1 respectively)
- "Quests" pop up during the match, complete them to do bonus damage to enemy nexus
- Personal scores emphasized over team scores, as well as there's a new scoreboard
- No ranked Dominion play
- Enemy capture points shoot at you like towers unless you're capturing them
- It takes about 4-10 seconds to capture a point (depending on how many allies help)
- "Renown system" that rewards players for helping the team rather than stacking kills
- The Nexus begins with 500 health
- Capturing points also enables minions to spawn to help capture points at other locations
- No wards in Dominion
- New Ping system and new Announcer

Now if anyone would like to ellaborate on anything, or even correct something that I may have gotten wrong that would be great. That's what I pulled out from these articles, so hopefully it informed you guys a little more than you were from just watching the Dominion trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuINb...&feature=feedu).

Also, the release date is said, "Dominion is playable at the upcoming Gamescom and Penny Arcade Expo consumer trade shows, and -- according to Riot -- it goes live shortly thereafter." - IGN on Dominion.

Gamescom is August 17-21
PAX is August 26-28.

So.... Assuming "it goes live shortly thereafter," we're looking at a early/mid September release date.

My original topic was moved into off-topic, why? Well I'm reposting this so more people can see it and be informed.

Danulas

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Apple View Post
Gamescom is August 17-21
PAX is August 26-28.

So.... Assuming "it goes live shortly thereafter," we're looking at a early/mid September release date.
Just in time for school!

Also, I'd make what I quoted easy to pick out from this post as that's what most people are interested in.

Square Apple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Well if they read through (it's a short read :P) then they would see that at the end and just be more excited. That or they could just see your first post in the topic.

WallaceRevorg

08-04-2011

*sigh* Yay....

YouAreNotSpecial

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Apple View Post
- New Ping system and new Announcer
Bringing back "Unreal Tournament" guy?

Square Apple

08-04-2011

Guys please keep this bumped so less threads can be made and so people are more informed!

Highcastle

08-04-2011

bump

Diddle Me Then

08-04-2011

Bump

DarkSonata14

08-04-2011

bumpity bump, great info btw, we are just missing the ETA ):

Verfall

Recruiter

08-04-2011

Man this seems too similar to arathi basin. But thanks for the info!

12345 ... 8