Singed + Archangel's Staff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatersDC

05-03-2010

Hey and welcome to this thread.

Trying to build a good mage/tank Singed.

Now, it seems to me that based on Singed's passive (gains health equal to 25% of total mana), that Archangel's Staff would be a natural pick for a Singed mage/tank build. A maxed Rod of Ages and maxed Archangel's Staff would give the following stats:

- 80 ability power, 650 health, 725 mana from Rod of Ages
- 45 ability power, 1400 mana from Archangel's Staff
- 53 bonus ability power from Archangel's Staff mana -> AP effect
- 531 bonus health from Singed's mana -> health passive
- 25 mana/5 (not as important)

For a grand total of:

- 178 ability power
- 1181 health
- 2125 mana
- 25 mana/5 (again, who really cares)

This is really everything a mage/tank Singed needs: health, mana (=health), ability power. However, the problem is that Singed has no convenient way to build up his Archangel's Staff. His Q doesn't trigger the mana gain cause it's a toggle, and his other 3 abilities are on fairly long cooldowns and cost a decent amount of mana, preventing him from spamming them for mana gain.

Is Archangel's Staff just a total waste on Singed? If so it's a shame cause it's one of the few mana/AP items in the game.. unless you want to build Lich Bane, which is very expensive and gives only 350 mana (=88 health).

I guess stacking RoA is really the only way to build a mage/tank Singed, and stacking RoA always feels kind of cheap, plus you have to count on long games for it to really pay off. Personally I wish they would make Singed's Q proc Archangel's, but it probably will never happen.

Thoughts? Anybody have success using Archangel's on Singed? Would Archangel's on Singed just be too OP if he could max it out? Discuss.

Cradum

05-03-2010

i've never seen anybody use archangel's staff on singed to be honest, only rod of ages. . probably cause it gives him more survivability. And as i've never had mana problems playing singed, archangel staff isn't really something worth buying for singed. . I can't speak for every singed player obviously.

But really he just chases like crazy, and flings people back into his team, which is what he excels at, so able to take those hits before that fling is more important that ability power that you'll never be able to use i guess =\

TealNinje

05-03-2010

Movespeed Singed is more amusing than any other version of Singed.

His 520 movespeed laughs at anyone who thinks they can catch him. And that's his basic speed. Throw Ghost on him and use his ult and you can run through the enemy team before they can react and catch you.

Cradum

05-03-2010

Lol i never have seen or tried the movement singed, but that sounds like fun

Deeplight

05-03-2010

Personally I would stick to Rod of Ages. Possibly grab 2-6. lol

Canthag

05-04-2010

AA Staff isn't worth it. You'd lose too much time getting better items on him and you don't need the mana or mana regen it provides.

I usually combo RoA and Rylai's for my ability power. The health, ability power, and slowing everyone caught in your gas are more useful on him. By the time the game is far enough in that I might consider AA I don't need what it gives me.

Eskimaux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Well it's not about having more mana for your spells, but for your health. And your AP, obviously.

I guess you could go for an early Tear and start jungling; spam your goo and your fling and it'll slowly add up to give you health while you farm up the jungle. Singed is actually a pretty decent jungler, since he slaughters the wraiths and wolves so nicely. His ult lets him drop the golem kinda quickly too and that in turn lets him keep throwing his spells around faster.

You need to cast 250 spells to get the full benefit though, which isn't easy on him. You will need probably about 20 minutes to see the full effects of it assuming you use your abilities every time they're up. This also puts off getting your RoA which delays that payoff farther as well. On the plus side, you'd have two solo lanes.

Overall you'd be a bit more tanky and hit a little bit harder, but I really doubt it's worth it. Abyssal Scepter gives you 57 MR, which means 57% more HP with regards to magic damage on top of the MR reduction debuff which helps you and your team hit harder. And it's cheaper. *shrug* I kinda wanna try this now though.

Bumbah

05-04-2010

Forget the AA staff

I play singed fairly often and found that the movement speed Singed is by far the best. All 3 quints MS and pick up the 3/3 MS in the utility tree and the 1/1 Ghost in the util tree and youre GOLDEN.

For gear I usually go for the Philosophers stone, MS +3 boots, RoA, then Warmogs or Guardian Angel armor. After that its either focus on more Hea;th or AP depending on the opponents team.... Frozen heart is a good choice too.

My Runes constist of +Armor(yellow), and then a slew of Mana and AP runes in the red/blue zones

Spells, I always get Ghost and complement that with teleport. If you focus on turrets, tele is more important.....Singed can down any turrets with ease using his ult.

MOvement speed singed is the best. You look like ****** charging into the enemies...but when they end up chasing you for 8 secs....a quick goo spot will plant them for an easy over the shoulder toss for a finish.

Best game for me was 10/0/23. He's not a killer, but a **** good kiter

Canthag

05-04-2010

I usually do RoA, MS +3 boots, the Lev and Rylai's. If the game is still going on I base what I need off of what's the biggest threat to me. Lev is very easy to stack cap on Singed because he can peg everyone in a fight so easily with his speed.

I do tend to use Armor and MR runes, though. I stack a lot of health early and no MR or Armor till late game, so it boosts my survival a lot. And Rylai's complements an MS Singed a lot by slowing the other team by 15%, which is essentially boosting your own speed as well if you're kiting or you can get in front of a runner by fling or running around them.

If he's done right you may not be the one killing, but the other team will treat you as the biggest threat whenever you barrel into their team and start chucking them around.

Asylumseeker

05-04-2010

Really boots of swiftness/ROA/Rylais is the main build for singed.

Good speed, lots of health, enough mana to have no real mana problems ever and your poison slows. So you run in. Throw someone back to your team. Slow everyone else from coming to help in time and give yourself enough time to easily escape.

Basically on an average game you are looking Rylais or Archangels. Compare the two of them and really its obvious which is better. Slowing them is far better than the extra damage you will do once its fully built up. Also with Archangels mana goes up as you use abilities, but your not really going to be spamming them as a lot of the time you just leave poison on and run around with it. Really not a good idea.

As for the next two items. (dont usually get a 6th)

I would go for any two of these 3 depending on the team comp.
force of nature - Great magic resist and a speed increase, plus good health regen
warmogs - you kill quite enough minions to build this up quickly so you get very nice health increase
thornmail - jax hitting you too much? give the damage back to him. Ive soloed a jax before aswell as a feasted cho. Was great fun. They should have just run.

What not to get
Anything that stacks/snowballs. Mejajs or leviathon are not good. You are a tank, but you will get focused and you are not as well armoured as reall tanks. You also arent often initiating with the team. You run in solo and throw people to your team. As such you are likely to die, but more than likely helped your team to have aced your enemies or only let one escape compared to 2-4 of your team being fine.