Your League of Legends: Dominion Media Coverage Compendium

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaziken420

09-20-2011

Stop talking about DOTA on here, it's not as good, nor will the 2nd one be. It's too unorganized, and the only ones who like it more than LoL are, well, the ones who suck at LoL. Besides, the champs AND their names are not even appealing, nor are the items. Just generally overall, it's not as well of a greatly composed game as LoL.

(sorry about it not being dominion related, just dont even know y ppl are MENTIONING DOTA around here haha)

phalhobbes

09-20-2011

STOP FIGHTING, YOU'RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APPART! :,(
LoL is awesome, Dota is awesome, HoN is decent, and Dota2 WILL be awesome.
Dota is good because it was the original, and has the most content.
LoL is good because it is the most UNIQUE remake OF Dota.
HoN is/was good (untill Dota2) because it was essentially Dota, with better graphics and stuff, but thats what Dota2 is going to be alot of.
Dota2 will be good, because it's Dota2. Also it's being made with the Valve engine, and a high budget. Now everyone else needs to stop forcing their assessments of how "bad" the other games are, and honestly most of the arguments are just badly done anyway.

PS. Gunna be a great year, Skyrim, Dota2, Diablo III, Dominion, etc (etc means brain capacity depleted).

NaNooO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2011

mmm

Saucey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone52 View Post
You are highly wrong in almost every aspect of your post. If the playeris skilled, he ( or she ) can make the most weak champion into the MvP of your game... Champion has nothing to do with how bad they are. There are OP champions yes, but there are not underpowered champions that are "useless" No... Dota 2 is almost exactly the same as Dota. Go watch a video on gameplay and you'll see. Dota was never better that LoL. Takes a good player to make a champion really that good... like Annie... use her stun at the right time and vioula PENTA KILL. Done it before because she is OP if used correctly... just like nearly every other champion... You sir are a fool if that was your mind set
Every Champion in this game is op... that kid was a moron for posting that.

Edit: not you the one who posting this. im just agreeing

LameSaint

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken420 View Post
Stop talking about DOTA on here, it's not as good, nor will the 2nd one be. It's too unorganized, and the only ones who like it more than LoL are, well, the ones who suck at LoL. Besides, the champs AND their names are not even appealing, nor are the items. Just generally overall, it's not as well of a greatly composed game as LoL.

(sorry about it not being dominion related, just dont even know y ppl are MENTIONING DOTA around here haha)
I think whether or not DoTA is good is really just an opinion, and just because that is your opinion does not preclude people from having the opposite opinion. Your OPINION is not FACT, so don't present it as such.

Next, i don't know where your argument about DoTA and DoTA 2 being unorganized comes from, it just seems like something you made up and threw in to try and bolster your OPINION that DoTA and DoTA 2 are not as good as LoL.

Third, from my experience, it tends to be the people who are not good at DoTA who like LoL more, not the other way around. LoL is a much easier game to pick up, and is much more noob friendly than either DoTA or DoTA 2, considering that in DoTA/DoTA 2 you lose gold when you are killed (doesn't happen in LoL), and you have to learn how to last hit your own creeps, which is not a skill most people pick up quickly or easily.

As for DoTA not being as greatly a composed game as LoL, well that could just be because DoTA was bound to the W3 engine, which severely limited what they could and could not do with the game, as well as the fact that DoTA was created in 2003, tied to the 2002 Warcraft 3 engine, whereas League of Legends was created in 2009. That is a very big technology gap as far as games are concerned. And seeing as how DoTA 2 has yet to come out, and you have never played it, I don't see how you could possibly know whether or not it is a well composed game (but Valve tends to release highly polished games; eg: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Portal 2, etc.).

Lastly, your argument that the champs and their names are not appealing is spurious at best.

DestroBeam

09-22-2011

Riot wow you really did good. So far i have found NO bugs at all.
Please keep up the great work!

Cardox

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNooO View Post
mmm
Laziest bump ever

Blaziken420

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LameSaint View Post
I think whether or not DoTA is good is really just an opinion, and just because that is your opinion does not preclude people from having the opposite opinion. Your OPINION is not FACT, so don't present it as such.

Next, i don't know where your argument about DoTA and DoTA 2 being unorganized comes from, it just seems like something you made up and threw in to try and bolster your OPINION that DoTA and DoTA 2 are not as good as LoL.

Third, from my experience, it tends to be the people who are not good at DoTA who like LoL more, not the other way around. LoL is a much easier game to pick up, and is much more noob friendly than either DoTA or DoTA 2, considering that in DoTA/DoTA 2 you lose gold when you are killed (doesn't happen in LoL), and you have to learn how to last hit your own creeps, which is not a skill most people pick up quickly or easily.

As for DoTA not being as greatly a composed game as LoL, well that could just be because DoTA was bound to the W3 engine, which severely limited what they could and could not do with the game, as well as the fact that DoTA was created in 2003, tied to the 2002 Warcraft 3 engine, whereas League of Legends was created in 2009. That is a very big technology gap as far as games are concerned. And seeing as how DoTA 2 has yet to come out, and you have never played it, I don't see how you could possibly know whether or not it is a well composed game (but Valve tends to release highly polished games; eg: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Portal 2, etc.).

Lastly, your argument that the champs and their names are not appealing is spurious at best.

lol

well it may be opinion, but its enough to keep me from BUYING that game, or PLAYING it.

im fine playing this right here, so have fun

Voldune

09-23-2011

Guys, this is the same principle as when Starcraft 2 came out. Remember how many times Blizzard said they were going to release it, then it came out roughly 3+ years later? Dominion's the same way. If I did have a message to Riot on this matter however, I was say simply this. Do NOT put up announcements for huge stuff like this, surprise the summoners out of nowhere. And instead of having a million complaints, then you have a million surprised players that can't control what's going on in their pants.

Grellius

09-23-2011

So excited !!! Awesome Dominion Beta