Your League of Legends: Dominion Media Coverage Compendium

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zstripes

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
This is a 5v5 map
Wow it must be a very small map or very different gameplay. The main thing I see is a sivir back dooring nodes ALL game.

pwntifex maximus

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heintzer View Post
We met up with a bunch of the biggest gaming media outlets in the world earlier this week to give them their first look at League of Legends: Dominion - and get their hands on it right from the start!
They got their first look, and published their stories already. You must have some kind of agreement with them that you won't post the details and will let them show them on their web pages for some amount of time, but I'm not part of that agreement. I own my comments and for you to delete them, and delete threads collecting information, is pretty annoying.

If you have some agreement that prevents me from posting something, then I am part of the agreement, and I didn't sign anywhere, so what gives? Taking away the community voice is a poor decision. Information wants to be free. If you can't handle it, don't silence us. Don't punish your players for being resourceful.

It is your mistake for allowing a leak, or for binding me to a press agreement that I never signed on to. Don't punish the community.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the new Dominion Forum which launched some time this morning. I am very pleased to see it working and active. I am sorry if I have offended with my misplaced anger.

pwntifex maximus

08-04-2011

If you have a forbidden topic on the forums, why didn't you tell us about it? I re-read the forum rules and don't see it anywhere that I can't collect Dominion information and post it in concentrated form. If you agreed to something that changes the rules. why didn't you tell us what the rules were?

That is poor forum management. It makes you do things like delete threads, and silences the community at a time when they are very excited and active. It is very frustrating to be a part of this community.

Obviously you have to make these press embargoes and such, but if I can't say something, you had best tell me the rules.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the new Dominion Forum which launched some time this morning. I am very pleased to see it working and active. I am sorry if I have offended with my misplaced anger.

Fyvir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piolho Crist?o View Post
Nice but to hold us from DotA2 you guys gonna have to bring more. Project Shine, Magma Chamber and Domanion will be a start.
This.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

There goes Riot trolling the people that put money in their pockets,.... not a good idea BROS

IDC Tower Dive

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyvir View Post
This.
Is

pwntifex maximus

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyvir
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBadra View Post
Is
Kalamanda!

Celestios

08-04-2011

Just for clarification for you lazy posters raging about the "soon" keyword, if you would actually read the official announcement they say that the map is expected to be released shortly after its debut at pax (~August 26). So I would say it's safe to assume, if all goes well, that it will be released in September.

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

Might want to include this one as it definitively answers the questions about wards (5:08):

http://blip.tv/gotgame/league-of-leg...adwell-5441067

Nox Eternus

08-04-2011

Here's hoping this actually sees a release and isn't just shelved or forgotten about like the dozens of other exciting features that were promised and then never spoken of again.