[Guide] How to BD like a BAD - Wuju Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamkehsahlin

08-08-2011

Rule #3 will lead to reporting. Which might lead to a ban...

Shamanb

08-08-2011

Rule # 1 is all wrong ...

It should be:
Rule #1: You do not talk about Yi BD'ing !

NickPham

08-08-2011

Looks like a standard Yi build. Props for style though.

I'm on a real atmogs stint myself. It's like I'm level 10 again.

Mambazo

08-10-2011

-1 for saying "irregardless", also stopped reading at that point.

Tardacus

08-10-2011

Wonderful read! Got wrecked by a FatmogYi today in teamfights, but the BD Build is so rage-making

DoubleDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

LOL i love ya man, props on making me think of using Yi instead of Ashe XDD.

Elston Gunn

08-30-2011

1) You cannot crit towers. Half your IE is worthless, a huge chunk of your PD is useless
2) Armor Pen has no effect against towers. Your runes and any armor pen you have is useless.
3) Ghost Blade is a bad choice for BDing, as many of it's stats do not help you at all. Even though it seems attractive because of it's active.
4) Everything on wriggles besides the armor and attack damage is useless.
5) Master Yi has high movement speed. You can either use a ward to backdoor and tele to that, or just walk. You don't need a wriggles at all, especially considering how bad it is for backdooring.

If you're trying to backdoor, you want to buy items where your money actually pays for stats which help you backdoor. A phantom dancer is not a good choice.

Berzerker Grieves
Sword Of Divine (you should have more than 1)
Black Cleaver
Atmas impaler (decent item)
Elixer of Fortitude
B.F. Sword (upgrade to Bloodthirster if you're able to BD and stay alive) Buy IE last if you're not able to.

The important thing to remember is that you hit your optimal DPS point with an even balance of both AD and AS. Swords of Diving offer a decent active against towers (doesn't stack) and should be where all your attack speed comes from. Black cleaver is a good combo item, although it's passive is wasted. Blood thirster is a better choice than an IE until all your slots are filled and you're forced to buy an IE simply for the damage (if you keep dying that is)

teddypg

09-02-2011

Fireup6 u gotta be kidding. the BDing build is awesome. every game that i play as a P.I.G i always win and ive played about 30 times as the BDing yi. plus u dont need 2 sword of the divines.

Headshop

09-02-2011

I started playing Yi recently, and I decided to try BD'ing after this guide. I skipped out on some team fights, got sweared at a bit asking what the **** I was doing... but in the end I destroyed 5 buildings (6 but a minion got it for some gay reason). So i have to say this guide works fine. You just have to make sure your team can handle 4v5 in some situations.

Fireup, I respectfully disagree with some points like the wriggle lantern. I find the ward is great early game, as well as awesome late game. Prevents ganks, and on the condition you brought teleport you can tele to that ward... making it so much easier to BD late game where they don't allow any minions to come close to the tower. Just set the ward down close to the tower you want, and when you notice em all together in some far off place.... BOOMSHAKALAKA.

Talorien

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireup6 View Post
1) You cannot crit towers. Half your IE is worthless, a huge chunk of your PD is useless
2) Armor Pen has no effect against towers. Your runes and any armor pen you have is useless.
3) Ghost Blade is a bad choice for BDing, as many of it's stats do not help you at all. Even though it seems attractive because of it's active.
4) Everything on wriggles besides the armor and attack damage is useless.
5) Master Yi has high movement speed. You can either use a ward to backdoor and tele to that, or just walk. You don't need a wriggles at all, especially considering how bad it is for backdooring.

If you're trying to backdoor, you want to buy items where your money actually pays for stats which help you backdoor. A phantom dancer is not a good choice.

Berzerker Grieves
Sword Of Divine (you should have more than 1)
Black Cleaver
Atmas impaler (decent item)
Elixer of Fortitude
B.F. Sword (upgrade to Bloodthirster if you're able to BD and stay alive) Buy IE last if you're not able to.

The important thing to remember is that you hit your optimal DPS point with an even balance of both AD and AS. Swords of Diving offer a decent active against towers (doesn't stack) and should be where all your attack speed comes from. Black cleaver is a good combo item, although it's passive is wasted. Blood thirster is a better choice than an IE until all your slots are filled and you're forced to buy an IE simply for the damage (if you keep dying that is)
BD is not just about (1) killing towers fast

BD is also about (2) killing minion waves fast

AND

(3) getting away fast

That's why Yi is king of BD as he can do all 3 well (with sight wards)

- Wriggles is actually a very good item for BD Yi
- It helps you clear minion waves faster
- The ward helps you get away safely
- Lifesteal helps you keep pushing and allows you to tank waves, saving your minions' health to tank the enemy tower longer
- The movespd and crit on Phantom Dancer also help with (2) and (3) so it's still a good BD item
- Likewise the crit on IE helps with (2) and also synergises well with Phantom Dancer for when you do get into teamfights in the endgame. It also has massive dmg for towers.
- You're right though that Bloodthirster is also good, since Yi stacks it so quickly

A good BD Yi build IMHO

Ghost + Teleport

Doran's Ring (laning)
Boots1
Wriggles
Boots of Mobility
5 Sight Wards
Zeal
Phantom Dancer
2nd Phantom Dancer OR SoTD
Bloodthirster (sell Dorans)
IE (sell Wriggles)

- Save ult for getting away unless you're on an inhib, in which case it's worth dying to kill it
- Hit ghost if ult is down or if you need more speed to get away
- Get Quicksilver Sash if enemy team has suppression (e.g. Malzahar) or if a cc champ is catching you

It's hilarious when you hit their tower, 5 of them come for you, you pull off just in time due to wards, hit ult, they land CC and exhaust and hit their ghost, you hit your ghost and still get away with like 10 health

"G*yest Yi ever"
"Run like a girl Yi"
"Yi you're g*y all you do is run"
"Noob Yi"
"Report Yi for backdooring"

(Real responses I've gotten from enemy team. I have 100+ games on Backdoor Yi)