Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on jungle Xin Guide!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seimitsu

08-03-2011

Did a pretty hefty overhaul on certain portions of the guide. Would appreciate another look and potentially some more feedback!

Seimitsu

08-06-2011

bump

Ichikaze

08-06-2011

I think right now Youmuus > Triforce > Tanky is the best Xin style.

TruelyHero

08-06-2011

nice guide but i suggest you not get wriggles latern it wastes valuble space and not worth the money and not really needed for xin.
i also suggest u get phantom dance and infinity edge instead of latern and fervor this will give high as crit and dmg combined with ghostblade you can also flee from battle and get in easily life steal willl not help alot in team fights but as ad crit do

Seimitsu

08-06-2011

You're not the first person to suggest against a Wriggle's Lantern, but here's my logic behind it. For 1600 gold it provides 18% life steal, 23 attack damage, and 30 armor, not to mention the passive that allows for much greater control over buffs, dragon, and baron. Late game if you find yourself in need of another slot it never hurts to just sell it off.

Ebonclaw

08-07-2011

Quote:
Zauper:

Ebonclaw:
(1)First of all, if you're starting Vamp, the cost is 1150 for wriggles vs 1650 for BF. If you build emblem, the cost is 800 for wriggles vs 1650 for BF, compared to your build.

(2)BF gives 45 damage. Wriggles gives 23 damage, 30 armor, (18% lifesteal, 1 higher than emblem), free ward (you can expect ~7 uses of it, that's 210 gold saved that we're not considering in the above calculation), and....Wriggles is jungle control. Ability to solo dragon at 6/7, faster clear of your own jungle (more time to gank or counter jungle).

(3)That 850 extra gold (WL vs emblem + BF)? That's boots 1 + longsword and some left over, or components for merc treads, and some left over. If you go boots/longsword, the BF build only has 12 more damage, and the WL build has boots, more survivability, better jungle control, and can solo dragon, for only slightly less damage.

Edit to respond to above:
(4)That's fair, but the cost to upgrade from madreds to wriggles is 150g if you already have vamp. 150g for an extra 5% proc chance, 6% life steal, 7 armor, and 8 damage. Plus free wards. Not taking that upgrade if you're building the madreds early seems silly to me.

(1) Well obviously you can count the cost of the Vamp. But that's only 1/4 of the price, and is something that you want anyways. Plus it gives a faster, cheaper start than Cloth+Pots. It's saving you money right here, not losing it.

(2) Wriggle's gives cool stuff. It's a rather cost effective item. However, it has almost 0 synergy with any other item you might purchase, other than any IAS items gaining you more procs. Against mobs. In a real match, however, you'll have a hell of a time getting dragon at 6-7, regardless of your itemization. It's most likely warded, so building for that instead of peak anti-champion damage can result in losing a lot of time on your build.

(3) I understand the value of Wriggle's. I've bought it before. I just don't think that it helps Xin perform his job, consistent with the investment to get the item. Surely the Wriggle's increases jungling speed more than a plain BF, but the BF gets you halfway to a BC or BT, whereas Wriggle's only gets you a low tier item with a modicum of utility, and a build order that is a bit stalled out.

(4) Don't get the Razors. Why? You don't need them. Bloodrazors are a trap for Xin as well. They very well may give you the most damage for your money, but most of that damage is non-leechable, and for a highly aggressive melee champ, that's a death sentence.

The thing is, Xin makes pretty good time in the jungle as it is. If he would struggle, that's one thing, but he moves along pretty smoothly. Early dragon control stopped being very important when they buffed it - maybe you CAN kill it solo at 7 with Wriggle's, but it will tear you up, and the slightest interruption will ruin it, and likely result in your death - it's always 'safe' to assume the enemy has it warded.

Wriggle's won't kill people much faster, and that's the entire point.