Best Jungle Runes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orcheon

08-03-2011

Armor seals. You can use Dodge as well on Udyr or Jax(can be very random on other champions). If you get nimbleness, it's generally an OK idea to use Dodge seals.

Flat Health quints makes the jungle safer. You can realistically use Health, Armor Pen, Magic Pen(Amumu and caster junglers like Karthus), Attack Speed, or Movement Speed.
Movement Speed and Flat Health are usually efficient, because you can use them for multiple champions using one rune page or for multiple rune pages.

Reds and Blues depend on the champion. For Reds, most junglers want Armor Penetration. Some, like Yi, do better with Attack Speed. Like Quints, you can use a variety of them, but generally you want to use AS, ArP or MP.

You can generally use anything for blues. AS is a good choice, as it'll make your jungle faster. CDR is a good choice on champions like Trundle, who are very cooldown dependent. You can also use MR for safer ganks.

Personally, i've done very well with 3 separate rune pages that work for junglers and non-junglers alike; Move Speed Quints, Armor Yellows, MR Blues. Reds vary between MP, ArP and AS.

TipaKEE

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by husssh View Post
Is there ever any reason to go Dodge over flat Armor? I feel like my dodge runes have been a waste :[
If you naturally pick up 9 points in the defensive tree i would recommend taking dodge runes. They mitigate similar amounts of damage early in the game, but late game dodge is way better than 12 armor.

rianad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

With ww i take all attack speed and gold quints

Morrisyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

Flat AD marks x9
Flat Armor seals x9
Flat MR glyphs x9
Flat HP quints x9

Works fine for me.

TipaKEE

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisyn View Post
Flat AD marks x9
Flat Armor seals x9
Flat MR glyphs x9
Flat HP quints x9

Works fine for me.
might wanna fix the quint count.

mushplomplom

08-03-2011

i use all atk speed

QZip

08-03-2011

Once I accidentily ran my "mage" set-up on Amumu. My jungle was much more dangerous and difficult, but once the teamfights started, I was WRECKING people. It was great. My friends were chanting, "carry mumu" but then I had really successful early ganks.

My mage page is:
Magic pen marks and quints
Mana regen/level seals
Flat CDR blue

It's all that magic pen that did it. I think that page with Armor seals instead would be great on Amumu, riskier and I haven't tried it, but great.

Holy Malevolence

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisyn View Post
Flat AD marks x9
Flat Armor seals x9
Flat MR glyphs x9
Flat HP quints x9

Works fine for me.
If I could have nine quints, they wouldn't be health...

Sumnus

08-03-2011

~not counting nunu/amumu/rammus~

Reds: Armor Pen or Attack Speed (depending on champ, sometimes it's a mix)
Yellow: Flat Armor
Blue: MR/Level or Attack Speed (depending on champ, sometimes it's a mix)
Quint: Armor Pen, Flat HP, or Movement Speed (depending on champ)