Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, -please-, for the sake of all camera-locked players,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akali Bot

04-04-2012

what is the deal with this

ProdigalWolf

04-05-2012

Fix for that : HUD Scale, I use it tiny and no walls, for fizz ult is good for that

Akali Bot

04-06-2012

Quote:
ProdigalWolf:
Fix for that : HUD Scale, I use it tiny and no walls, for fizz ult is good for that

If it's tiny, you can't see timers, or how many pots you have. or even if such items(ie gunblade) is off cooldown

mintyroll

04-06-2012

Quote:
202halffound:
Even with the camera UNLOCKED, purple still has a disadvantage.

How hard is it to understand? Purple goes down, blue goes up. Generally what's in front of you is more important than what's behind you. As purple, part of you screen is blocked by the UI.

I was told just a while ago by a friend that's crazy into LoL that being disadvantaged as purple team balances out thanks to matchmaking. I didn't believe her so I asked a certain imageboard about this, and I got this answer:

Quote:
Blue team has a slight map advantage (better access to baron and easier Drag, better camera angle). It's minute, but there's a tiny ELO difference to compensate- Purple team will have a higher average ELO.

Source is forum posts by reds over a year ago.

Would be great if there was a sticky or something in this forum listing all the stuff they've considered/pass on for people who don't read every single Riot post.

stauncheR

04-07-2012

Agree with this.

I have tried to fix the problem by playing with un-locked Cam, but it's just too hard for me as I've played always using locked cam

+1

Dithiz

Recruiter

04-07-2012

I wouldnt mind it if you could unlock the HUD and move it to the top of the screen if you're playing purple side. but yes being able to turn the hud off would be awesome, I dont need to look at my character's stuff, I know what is up and what isnt just from knowing my toon

Sanjio

04-09-2012

You know whats better? rotating cam 180 degrees for purple team or even better having the option for a flipped/mirrored camera while on purple team.

PardusTsunami

04-09-2012

Quote:
Vladixlaus:
U can down-scale the HUD via Interface options

And make it so tiny it's hard to read the numbers on the cooldown timer. I tried this (curse of Purple on SR) and it was not worth it. Now I dodge games i end up on purple team if I have to play someone with a long-range skillshot like Morgana.

I just played one where I didn't queue dodge, and was mid vs Nidalee. She could spear me when I could not even see her. It's not hard to dodge if you see it coming, but if not, you get hit and it does way too much damage. PLEASE devote some resources to fixing the GD camera angle for purple already please, instead of wasting time on frivolous BS. I've read that blue has a more than 10% higher win rate than purple, which is only explainable (over the large statistical sample) as due to camera issues.

The least you could do is increase the zoom limit for purple team so we can see farther, or add a hotkey to toggle the HUD on/off, or both. It would help reduce, but still not eliminate Blue's advantage.

boourns

UI Designer

04-10-2012

I've posted extensively in the past here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1519371

steelblacksky

04-10-2012

hey try using unlocked camera with a hand mobility impairment. not enough time to jump hand from mouse to numpad/arrowkeys and back frequently. mousemove and back tends to be overshoot land. and binding it out to something near your qwerdf gets real strange fast(tends to pull you inevitably out of skill row position. still better than mousemove.

then again looking at your other two posts on this, it's like hmm. matrix operation on input signals and display output would be a disservice. makes about as much sense as saying colorblind mode is for the bad. if the interface and presentation are the focal point, the game isn't. at that point the ui is a problem impeding the game. fix it. dont call people bad .