yorick help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alma

09-24-2011

hey anyone experienced wanna help me with yorick? i love him just dont know how to build him. i wanna try some different ideas

think guinsoos+ hexteck would work on him?

TheTeddyBaxter

09-24-2011

Frozen Mallet is my first item. The slow is wicked as is the stats. I like getting a Warmog's and then an Atma's impaler. After that, some AD is good. I've been told AP is useless on him. The AoE ghoul is really only used for the slow.

BTW, when it's up try Yorrick in Dominion. I was destroying as him.

Good luck! I love Yorrick! He's a really fun champion, and the fact he's UP makes him really rewarding when you do do well! And as I said, he seems to rage in Dominion so you should try him there!

Ayestes

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestes View Post
Marks: AD
Seals: Armor
Glyphs: Mp5 / lvl
Quints: AD

I like the pure AD for the highest amount of possible harassment. The ghouls scale off it, and they will actually do a ton of damage if you combo W and E. Armor works better early game in a top lane then Dodge. The Mp5 gives you the ability to spam the death out of E to sustain yourself in a tough lane.

Masteries are tough. I generally either go 21 Offense or 21 Utility. The theory being the more damage I deal the more I sustain myself vs. the mana regen and movement speed. I generally will always put 9 points in Defense for Armor, Magic Resist, and the Mana to Health Regen.

I run Meki Pendant if I'm alone at top or a Doran's Blade if I go with Soraka on bottom. (Which is hilarious I might add.) Manamune is fantastic, because it applies a lot more AD then most people seem to realize and Yorick is spammy enough to get it topped in no time. Beyond that, I prefer Mercury Treads, Hexdrinker / Glacial Shroud, and then working on Warmogs/Atmas/Force of Nature. I do Frozen Heart, Hexdrinker, and/or Spirt Visage if I need the resistances quickly sometimes ignoring the Warmog path. Yorick can usually farm very, very well though.

You make whoever goes into top lane have a terrible game and then just apply pressure to the enemies Carries in a team fight while throwing the ultimate down on your AD Carry. You do enough burst damage and consistent to make any squishy worry about you and you tank more damage then anything ever should in League of Legends. If their AD Carry is running away from you, you've already done your job.

There is something amusing about walking around 3.3k Health and 2.7k Mana while gaining 2% damage off of both of them. Mercury Treads, Manamune, Glacial Shroud, Hexdrinker would be my ideal core. Doran's Blades are also extremely good at dominating a lane. Eventually finishing with Mercury Treads, Manamune, Frozen Heart, Warmogs, Atma's, and Force of Nature is my long term goal in most games however.

Running pure damage leads you to being rather squishy and worrying about being kited away. Yorick can't chase unless he has already landed a Q on the target or has some movement bonus beyond that. Trinity Force will accomplish that, but leaves you crazy squishy. Glacial Shroud and a Hexdrinker will begin to make you an immovable object and allows you to more quickly work on a Warmog while still being dangerous. Admittedly, I think the Warmog is very late, but with 100+ MR/Armor all you need is health at that point to soak damage anyway, you already have 200+ damage at this point and Yorick doesn't scale crazy well with damage beyond that mark.
This forum moves so quickly.

Most people would view a core of Manamune, Mercury Tread's, Spirit Visage, and Glacial Shroud. I personally like Hexdrinker over Spirit Visage.