A Riven Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihiru

09-17-2011

Hello, I just wanted to advertise my Riven guide before I head to sleep. I'm not a 2k+ elo player or even ranked at that (only recently hit 30), but I hope to get some constructive criticism on it.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=6447

A major thing that I don't agree with people building Riven with is the fact that they are staying with armor penetration, when everything Riven has scales with AD, something I try to emphasize as much as possible in my guide. Another is trying to build too much survivability, forgetting the fact that her shield scales well off AD.

Hope this helps Riven players to maximize her kit. Even if she is not tournament or high elo viable, Riven can be very strong, and I have picked up many early kills with her due to her surprising early damage.

gartholomew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-17-2011

Generally I play an ap carry or jungle best so these are just gonna be some quick thoughts that maybe the community can correct me on. First off, the ad vs arpen. Early game you may be right about ad being stronger, most characters start with a relatively low base armor, and I forget the itemization for arpen vs ad. However, arpen will scale significantly better as you do more damage because it scales like a % instead of a flat #. If you do 100 damage at lvl 1 with an ability, taking someone from 10 armor to 0 does the same damage as 10 ad. But later, when you are swinging with 300 or so ad, taking an enemy from 45 armor to 35 will do more damage than adding even 20 ad. Sheen / trinity force will stack well with her passive, making her aa in betweeneach ability even stronger. They kind of synergize. Also, in your masteries, I wouldn't discount the extra xp or movement speed being viable in her build. A utility mastery could work well. All in all I found your guide inconsistant. Dont get cdr in your masteries, but its so cool on boots. Ad scales better with her but pick up a brutalizer first. Max out the benefit from her passive but sheen and trinity force are a waste. I have found that any melee champ is sipgnificantly stronger when made a bit tankier Shiu would seem to synergize well with her shield. I have not had the opportunity to really fiddle with her yet so I can't say for certain, but generally glass cannon builds are not viable in high elo. That's not to say that's what you have, hexdrinker, frozen mallet and atmas are all items that don't really fit that descripion. Last whisper is generally a bad item, and it doesn't syngergize well with butalizer or bc. If your fatty has more than 150 armor, you're probably hitting the wrong Target. A good start is say, but still might need some work to be optimized as a guide.

Erafumo

09-22-2011

Thanks for sharing. I expected guides to sprout rapidly even in a short span of time but that has not been the case. This has been among the first.

Sevitar

09-24-2011

Ill try it out, and give you some feedback