Urgot - Hextech Gunblade or Bloodthirster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ivorcosta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Which item do you think that fit better in Urgot?

Hextech will heal more due life steal/spell vamp, will help a little the shield with AP and has a good active ability.
Bloodthirster stacked will do more damage.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hextech_Gunblade
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bloodthirster
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Urgot

FrozenFIames

08-02-2011

Hextech. some people even suggest getting two of them.

Fear Sivir

08-02-2011

Why build Hextech? He has no need for the spell vamp as all his abilities scale off of AD (apart from the shield) and the AP just gives him like 50 more shielding strength, and you should never be close enough to use the active anyway, were as the Bloodthirster will give him way more lifesteal/AD fully farmed than the Hextech. Hextech<Bloodthirster.

RushSecond

08-02-2011

Bloodthirster. Urgot is all about stacking damage and armor pen. That said, you should get last whisper first.

FrozenFIames

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Sivir View Post
Why build Hextech? He has no need for the spell vamp as all his abilities scale off of AD (apart from the shield) and the AP just gives him like 50 more shielding strength, and you should never be close enough to use the active anyway, were as the Bloodthirster will give him way more lifesteal/AD fully farmed than the Hextech. Hextech<Bloodthirster.
cause his q doesn't work with lifesteal.
Glad my post got downvoted because people think his q procs with on hit atks like lifesteal,. Why don't you guys try criting and trinity forcing his Q while you're at it Xp.

ivorcosta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

I think that his Q and E work both with life steal and spell vamp.

"The Spell Vamp works as the magic counterpart of Life Steal, but instead of absorbing life from physical attacks, it absorbs life from champion abilities"

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Vamp

ivorcosta

08-03-2011

"Spell vamp does NOT work with any ability that applies on-hit effects"
"All abilities that proc on-hit effects will work with life steal."

Now im confused.
Today night i will test in a custom game how spell vamp and life steal works with urgot.

ivorcosta

08-04-2011

Yesterday I made a test with urgot and:
1) Life steal works only with the basic attack;
2) Spell vamp works only with his Q (2 sec cooldown)

So, i think that gunblade fits better.

CuttingOnions

08-04-2011

spell vamp also works with his E, but at a 15% since it's aoe

Raunchyyy

08-04-2011

I don't understand how people who have obviously never played Urgot tell you that a Hextech is terrible. For some reason everyone thinks that his Q procs on-hit effects just because they think they heard it somewhere or something. PLAY the champ before handing out your half-assed advice.

That being said, both are plenty viable. If you're going for more survivability Hextech is your choice, if you're going for melting whoever comes into contact with you Corrosive Charge then Bloodthirster is the better item.