Kennen vs Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ur little sister

08-02-2011

How do you play this lane?

I love playing kennen, but malzahar has always been a champion I have trouble with solomid.
He hides behind his minions, so the only skill you have that has a longer range than his harass (which outdamages mine generally) on you can't hit him.
The playstyle malzahars seem to use often is to just permapush the lane, forcing you to stay away from your own creeps due to malefic visions.

I'd love a response that does not involve help from my own jungler, because it's aimed at normal games and many junglers I get are too afraid of malzahar to gank him.

Oryon the Raging

08-02-2011

Imo not the best laneup. You could say "just focus on farming" but the fact of the matter is you'd just stay under your tower as he is a much better farmer.

In all fairness if you HAVE to have this laneup the only alternative is to focus on last hitting under your tower and get really good at that. However even that will be tricky since he can afford harassing you even there.

You should just probably not lane mid vs. malz.

Papa Palpatine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Personally I would rather not have a kennen mid. I find it invaluable to have a kennen in a side lane where he can support his partner, control the brush effectively, and secure kills.

N4roth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

i would try to autoattack him with your electric shuriken as much as possible then hit w. If he loiters around the go for the stun and free damage. Play passive otherwise.

KAOChosen

08-02-2011

u kinda do need help from a jungler. mal is extremely hard to lane against, because he can poke from really far while staying safe and recovering mana.

Super AL Supreme

08-02-2011

Ideally, you do not get laned up against a malzahar o_o He is probably one of the best 1vs1 mages in the game. If lane switching is not an option though and you absolutely have to face him 1vs1 you should focus on farming from distance with your Q and maybe lining up a few ganks.

xTenshi

08-02-2011

You can suprise him with Flash.Order=E, Flash, Ult, W, Q, Ignite, auto atk W/ proc, then keep auto atking tilll he is dead. This should stun lock him so he wont be able to do anything and he should be dead b4 he does anything. Works every time when i use it.

Edit: Wow after reading everyone's comments it sounds like you guys underestimate kennen. Kennen can keep killing Malz keeping him under farmed imo. The only champ i have problems with would have to be Vlad and going into a 1v2 lane against a Taric and a morde.

Yenn

08-02-2011

You ignore him and farm.
If he leaves himself open, you throw shurikens at him.
If he gets close to you, you back off and throw shurikens.
If he flashes towards you, you immediately ult.

That's pretty much it.

Ur little sister

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4roth View Post
i would try to autoattack him with your electric shuriken as much as possible then hit w. If he loiters around the go for the stun and free damage. Play passive otherwise.
This is my preferred ability.
I also generally level this ability first, because it deals virtually equal damage to your skillshot, but the damage is guaranteed, rather than being able to get countered by creeps, jukes, yorick, a stupid voidling,...
However, that would require me to get in auto-attack range and hence eat through a malefic visions. This ability deals more damage than the buffed auto-attack + the proc.

V0gyn

08-02-2011

WATCH for his cooldowns. He will farm with his dot.
Once you see him cast, chances are he will use his Q to kill the minions quickly, giving him a chance to roam. Wastes his aoe? Even better. Try to poke a lot with your Q. Dart AWAY from minions and see if u can hit him with anything.

If you can stun him with your aoe thing, jump in and do so. He's very squishy.

Edit: I'm actually surprised. Kennen and Akali are the only two champs that, as a very experienced Malzahar player, I have a little trouble laning against.