Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stable? Benchmark? 60fps? wtf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

05-02-2010

Which setting should we be using. My comp and net are pretty decent. I'm confused!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMotherGoose

05-03-2010

Quote:
DonkeyBalls:
Which setting should we be using. My comp and net are pretty decent. I'm confused!

This all depends on your settings, I personally like benchmark. But you should be fine on any of the settings really. Play around with them a bit, you'll find one that works for you. Ashe's arrow + Frost Volley and Corki's Valkyrie are the highest graphical issues in the game. Go into a practice with a buddy (As those two), get both buffs, then go into a team battle and use both those skills with all the other "team" (If you can call the bots that) there and see how hard the graphics freak out. Tweak and repeat until you are happy.

EDIT: Found the official declaration

There’s a new video option available to players called “Frame Rate Cap.” This allows players who experience unexpected dips in framerate to attempt to smooth out the performance.

By default, the option is set to “Benchmark” which means that the framerate smoothing is disabled, and the game will run normally. The different settings have the following behaviors:
  • Benchmark – This option makes the game run at its unaltered state with smoothing technology turned off.
  • Stable – This attempt to detect and maintain a stable framerate above 25fps. Players may experience a slightly lower maximum framerate, but fluctuations should be less.
  • High Framerate – This option also detects the low and high framerates and attempts to normalize the performance, but at a higher rate than the “Stable” option.
  • 25/30/60/80 – This option allows the player to control the target framerate the smoothing process will attempt to achieve.

Note: These modes are still being tweaked and evaluated as we attempt to improve the framerate of the game. Different settings may produce different results for different CPU and video card/driver configurations.