Garen vs Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

egglayin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Yes this is another whine, and yes most ppl probably couldnt care less, I just feel like making a point
two skills that both increase as your base attack damage increases, both aoe, and both basically the same thing, with some differences yes
let's have a look

Heartseeker Strike - Pantheon focuses and unleashes 5 swift strikes to the area in front of him, dealing double damage to champions. Pantheon also becomes more aware of his enemy's vital spots, allowing him to always crit enemies below 15% health.
Passive: Pantheon gains 100% critical strike chance against targets below 15% of their max health.

Active: Pantheon focuses and deals 5 swift strikes in front of him for 6/9/12/15/18 + 18/21/24/27/30% of his weapon damage in physical damage per strike. This attack deals double damage to champions.

Cooldown
30/28/26/24/22 seconds
Cost
70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range
pros:
the passive
it's SPARTAN MADNESS
cons:
long cooldown
high mana cost for a low mana champion
can't crit
makes you immobile for a short abount of time
the range is laughable

etc. etc.

Judgment - Garen performs a dance of death with his sword, dealing damage around him and becoming immune to slowing and root effects for 3 seconds.
Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 3 seconds, removing and making him immune to all roots and slows, dealing physical damage (15/35/55/75/95 plus 35% of his attack damage) to enemy units in the area every 0.5 seconds. This ability does half damage to minions, and it can scale off of your critical hit stat to deal bonus damage.

Cooldown
15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Cost
No Cost
Range
pros:
makes you immune to slowing/rooting
can crit
no mana cost
cooldown is non existing
range is awesome
cons:
you cant cast other spells exept your w

so let's compare:
heartseeker:
5 hits, 18+30%, 400 range and 110 mana
judgement:
6 hits, 95+35%, 660 range and 0 mana

both can be avoided quite easily, but as pantheon needs to stay put, garen can move around thus making it more likely that all 6 hits will land. heartseeker hits faster, but is more likely to be avoided, simply be moving to one side
my point being:

Why would anyone ever pick pantheon over garen?

West Australian

05-02-2010

Cause his SPARTAN

egglayin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Reality View Post
Cause his SPARTAN
added

Deeplight

05-02-2010

Heart seeker is a **** load faster and it "deals double damage to champions"= 36+60% of your attack damage. Plus Pantheon has a stun which he can couple with heartseeker to get possibly all 5 if not 4 of the strikes in.

I like both champions alot. (own both and play both) I love popping hearseeker against enemies when I'm hiding in a brush and they stand right up against me.

West Australian

05-02-2010

Ulti remake = THIS IS SPARTA. A small aoe , where pantheon kicks them into a well snaring them for 5 seconds, if someone is snared heart seeker strike gets 0 seconds cooldown LOL. Then the joke can make sense, because the well is the least of thier worries its the actual heartseeker strike spam afterwards.

Wildkarde

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeplight View Post
Heart seeker is a **** load faster and it "deals double damage to champions"= 36+60% of your attack damage. Plus Pantheon has a stun which he can couple with heartseeker to get possibly all 5 if not 4 of the strikes in.

I like both champions alot. (own both and play both) I love popping hearseeker against enemies when I'm hiding in a brush and they stand right up against me.

This. It deals double damage to champs. Pantheon has a Stun, let alone a stun with some range. Also Pantheon can throw his spear for more range.

Garen has no range and no stun so it makes sense that on paper his skill would be more mobile and have higher range.