(OPEN RP) The Next War!

1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

08-01-2011

Words of war have been spreading like wildfire through out the entirety of Valoran; including the furthest reaches of Kaladoun. Here in my beloved land - the chilling tundra that it is, I serve only as a protector to my old lord. His will of late has become questionable, yet, still I stand firm as his ally and loyal servant.

His word reached by voice of another of his guard, Wilhelm Dolas, a young noble from a southern city-state. He had a way of presenting messages in an arrogant, entitled voice as if he were still a lordly son and not disowned years ago. To his fortune, I ignore his tone and continue about my duty as any loyal soldier does.

I entered our home, Volgun Estate, land closest to the Shadow Isles. As per usual, the maids and such were nowhere to be seen and the buildings were dark and eery. They hadn't been cleaned properly in over a year despite my numerous requests. It was hard to blame them for their fear of the land lately. If they were not all outcasts someway or another I'm sure that they would all be gone elsewhere.

Approaching my lord's chamber, I felt slightly anxious. War was not something he favored these days; so far as I knew. But he had changed.

My knuckles bounced off the solid oak that was his door. "Lord Volgun, it is Ares, may I enter?" I waited a few moments and pushed the doors open slowly.

Where once this room was filled with beautiful flowers, singing maidens, lavish tapestries and marvelous statues and artifacts. It was now replaced by the stench of death, stale water, and a small ruin. "My lord, I am here as summoned. What service may I provide?" Even as the words flowed with the same tone they always had, even before his change. I knew that he was not the same and questioned my loyalties.

In a large stain glass window he sat; thinking of what, I could only guess. Though I would most likely be wrong. Once upon a time he was a large powerful man that inspired courage into his allies and fear into his foe. Now only the fear remained, for one and all. The power sunk away into his gaunt, bony stature.

"Ares, where have you been all this time? I summoned you over an hour ago!" His voice was enough to even put me on edge. What was thin, angry even.

"My lord, I was patrolling the lands. In your absence the people have become uneasy, fearful that you have been slain." I said, hoping that the words did not strike him uneasily. Though they weren't far from true. "They miss you."

His laugh sent chills down my spine. It was long and hearty, filled with sarcasm. "Kehehehe... Ares, I was slain, my friend."

This is a prelude to the next Rune War. You may participate as whomever, wherever, befriend anyone you wish.

SmileyDemon

08-01-2011

(If this is going to be a rune war It may be prudent to list City-state affiliations, enemy's and alliances.)

Demacia - Noxus = Hostile {---------------------} Zaun - Piltover = Hostile
Demacia - Zaun = Unfriendly {-------------------} Zaun - Bandle City = Unfriendly
Demacia - Piltover =Allied {-----------------------} Zaun - Noxus = Allied
Demacia - Frejlord = Neutral {--------------------} Zaun - Frejlord = Neutral
Demacia - Bandle City = Neutral {---------------} Zaun - Demacia = Unfriendly
Demacia - Blidgewater = Unfriendly {----------} Zaun - Blidgewater = Allied
Demacia - Ionia = Allied {---------------------------} Zaun - Ionia = Unfriendly

Noxus - Demacia = Hostile {----------------------} Frejlord - Noxus = Unfriendly
Noxus - Zaun = Allied {------------------------------} Frejlord - Zaun = Unfriendly
Noxus - Blidgewater = Unfriendly {-------------} Frejlord - Blidgewater = Unfriendly
Noxus - Bandle City = Neutral {------------------} Frejlord - Ionia = Unfriendly
Noxus - Piltover = Neutral {---------------------} Frejlord - Demacia = Unfriendly
Noxus - Ionia = Hostile {----------------------------} Frejlord - Piltover = Unfriendly
Noxus - Frejlord = Unfriendly {-------------------} Frejlord - Bandle City = Neutral

Ionia - Demacia = Allied {-------------------------} Blidgewater - Zaun = Allied
Ionia - Noxus = Hostile {---------------------------} Blidgewater - Noxus = Unfriendly
Ionia - Zaun = Unfriendly {------------------------} Blidgewater - Piltover = Hostile
Ionia - Piltover = Neutral {-------------------------} Blidgewater -Bandle City = Hostile
Ionia - Bandle City = Neutral {-------------------} Blidgewater - Frejlord = Unfriendly
Ionia - Frejlord = Neutral {-----------------------} Blidgewater - Ionia = Hostile
Ionia - Blidgewater = Hostile {-----------------} Blidgewater - Demacia = Hostile

Bandle City - Piltover = Allied {-------------------------} Piltover - Bandle City = Allied
Bandle City - Demacia = Neutral {--------------------} Piltover - Demacia = Neutral
Bandle City - Noxus = Neutral {-----------------------} Piltover - Noxus = Unfriendly
Bandle City - Zaun = Unfriendly {--------------------} Piltover - Zaun = Hostile
Bandle City - Blidgewater = Hostile {--------------} Piltover - Ionia = Neutral
Bandle City - Frejlord = Neutral {-------------------} Piltover - Blidgewater = Hostile
Bandle City - Ionia = Neutral {----------------------} Piltover - Frejlord = Neutral

(In this instance there are four levels of Diplomatic relation. When looking at relation think of yourself as a Demacian or a Noxian. Relation reflects how you would react to a person from there)

Delmegar

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyDemon View Post
(If this is going to be a rune war It may be prudent to list City-state affiliations, enemy's and alliances.)
(For example)
Demacia - Noxus = Hostile
Zaun - Piltover = Hostile
Institute of War = Neutral
Noxus - Zaun = Allied
Piltover - Demacia = Allied
Frejlord - Noxus = Unfriendly

(In this instance there are four levels of Diplomatic relation. I did not list all but I can if you approve)
okay smiley, good call. I would do it but I'm too lazy. I guess the known factions are:

Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, Piltover, Bandle City, Zaun, Freljord. The Institute isn't really relevant to list. And areas such as Kalamanda are too undetermined.

SmileyDemon

08-01-2011

(Done this will be my character http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/37)

I flick on the light switch upon entering reveling a bleached stainless steel room with a metal restraining table in the center. A smaller table to the side held chemicals and surgical equipment. Going over to the smaller table I ran my hand over its surface observing the carnivorous shapes of the cutting tools. Picking up a small recorder I flicked it on "Subject A214 or my former assistant is now commencing testing." I said. "Preliminary reports indicated a 4% probable increase in the success rate now that the leeches have been taken out of the experiment."

"LEECHES?" Screamed the hapless individual. "Sedation of subject A214 was deemed unnecessary much to my Satisfaction." Ignoring his screaming I picked up a head clamp from the surgical table and fit it to my test subject. Screwing in the fastenings with a wrench, I made sure to make them tight as to prevent head movement. "AHAAAAAAAHHAAA." the subject screamed trying to trash out of his shackles. "Now beginning First injection sequence." I said into the recorder. Taking a long syringe from the table I looked over Mundo's instructions." Mundo think Blue stuff is what Mundo used. Mundo need also tell you in case he forgets that mixing purple and red stuff is bad. Mundo sure that adding one then adding other would do." finishing I proceeded as he specified. Filling the syringe to full I brought it to my subjects throat. Tears welled up in his eyes as he saw the fluid ooze into his body. Looking over the rest of Mundo's instructions i turned off the recorder.

"Making super soldiers is harder then it looks." I said scratching the back of my neck. As I did this my subject began to convulse foaming from his mouth. Then as quickly as it started it stopped. Flicking on the recorder I irritably documented this failed test. Attempt number 461 failed to reproduce Dr. Mundo's results. Flicking it off i walked over to were I entered. A small intercom was beside the door pressing the button I calmly said into it "Bring in the next subject." A sultry female voice answered me. "Yes Doctor Belthamel"

SmileyDemon

08-01-2011

(Added my bit)

SmileyDemon

08-01-2011

(Do you have a profile delmegar?)

Ender Azurai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

(Er, as far as political affiliations... where do the Shadow Isles sit? Neutral to everyone?)

SmileyDemon

08-02-2011

(there wasn't enough information on them to develop any affiliation for the Shadow Isles so you can assume they are neutral.)

SmileyDemon

08-02-2011

(You can assume that for any country or continent i.e Lokfar that we don't fully understand yet.)

Delmegar

08-02-2011

(we don't know anything of shadow isles. there is no confirmed city on it that we can name so making it a faction is impossible.)

He was once a famous mercenary; crowned as a lord among them. Even better than Sivir of Noxus. When he retired, Lord Volgun went as far from the Institute as he could. Permitted within the borders of Valoran, that was. He established some small territories using the vast wealth he procured after a long and dangerous career.

Those lands circled his Estate, and bordered the Conqueror's Sea. The populace sprang to life in no time, flourishing, thriving even. Had things stayed on the track they were it would have become a city-state possibly in a decade or two. Unfortunately, that was not the destiny of Volgun or myself.

As his most trusted friend and ally, he trusted me and me alone with a secret. The secret at first seemed ridiculous, unfathomable. I, myself, had never experienced this or heard tales of these happenings. But according to Volgun, his mind was often invaded by a spirit which slowly drained the life force from him.

At first I feared him ill or crazy. But soon his body began to change. I did nothing to assist him until it was too late. The spirit had drained so much energy from my late master that it could now manifest in form of a powerful wraith. In the dead of night, the wraith slew my lord and brought him back as a undead creature. that was not all.

The wraith left him a message when he was reborn, saying: "You are to collect, Volgun, the souls of your servants and of all Valoran. The more you bring, the more alive you become. You can live forever, with your human life renewed, Volgun. I will grant you this. Make me rich with souls as you were in life with coin! If not, you will wither, grow mad, uncontrollable and murderous. One way or another, you will obey."

Volgun has been fighting with the wraith for over a year but now, as time passes. Volgun is becoming weak of mind. He sees enemies where they are nowhere to be found. And now, as I am closest to him... I am in the most danger.

Yet, I owe Volgun my life a hundred times over. If it is my soul that is the required payment, so be it. "Lord Volgun, how may I serve you?"

1234511 ... 27