Kill announcement/"owned" voice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADL

09-10-2009

hahaha, it'd be cool if it's something exciting....like music that goes DON DON DON, a player has just been killed

Ilickbeads123

09-10-2009

i dont mind own'd, but it is said to often, though it's just a placeholder so no big deal.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-12-2009

My problem isn't that it's to soft. IT NEEDS TO ME LOUDER AND MORE EPIC DAMMIT.

You compare this to counter strike server sounds and stuff. This you hear owned and godlike.

In other games it has more variety, this small thing motivate players to go insane and rape people. Lets take HON for example.... if you've heard those voices. It gets repeated as an echo and a more dominating voice. Or something like that.

I don't know just do something about it to make it more epic.

rusher

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Remover View Post
I was somewhat excited about this game.

It may come as a surprise, and probably sound quite superficial, but I was really turned off by hearing "OOWWWWNED" shouted at me while playing.

The term irritates me to begin with, and I think it is best left as a sort of unofficial slang thing people use to taunt their opponents. Actually embracing it and encouraging it as part of the game is like being forced to listen to nails-on-chalkboard for hours on end.

Secondly,
it's way too "loud" (not in a... i can turn it down via my game volume sort of way... just the sound of it), obnoxious and over the top.

No offense intended, just being honest. It's a big turnoff and I think the game could really do without it, at least in it's current form.
I completely disagree, and suggest you go try out DotA, to see what a proper voice over has to be like. The current voice is boring and monotonous, he doesn't scream 'owned', he gently says it. And this has to be changed. In my opinion, the voice over has to be on the same caliber as the DotA one.

A competitive game like this has to be exciting, and make you jumping up in your seat. A boring voice over, as if the voice actor is completely disinterested isn't going to do that. A voice over must be over-the-top and loud, and the current one lacks in this.

I'm hoping for positive changes when the game is released.

Insomnia

09-13-2009

I think it would be an OK volume if it was once you got a triple kill or 4 kill streak whatever, but saying owned after every death is REALLY annoying to me.
In the sound options on my computer it shows all the volumes besides the master at mute and changing them doesn't do anything.
i like the hack and slash noises, but i really hate these voices

Arisen

09-14-2009

Yeah the speech clips trigger far too often to the point that they just sound dumb. Maybe a calm voice saying "A blue/red player has been killed" might be less irritating and come across more like a commentary.

If these sound clips really are placeholders (I've heard that too many times in betas to trust it) I think it would make sense to tone them down pretty drastically.

CaveNova

09-14-2009

The way I see it, in order to appease both sides (the ones who hate it (outright?) and those who think it needs to be made epic...er), maybe the best solution would be to work on the voice and any possible effects that go along with it, while also making an option that would allow a person to turn it off (like someone else said earlier).

Because I don't think the people who currently dislike/hate it will be too keen on hearing something even louder/awesome (the thing I'm seeing most is annoying repetitiveness/overlapping), whereas the people who want something supermegaepic to crush their headsets (or speakers or whatever) would be annoyed if it were removed completely.

noisymonk

09-18-2009

This is one of the worst things in the game. I can read the giant flashing text on my screen. I don't need some voice yelling at me every 10sec. I don't care what they do to improve this, as long as it can be TURNED OFF.

falcoBoat

09-21-2009

The sound is really irritating, I play with the sound off if anyone else is around because it annoys them so much. Nothing for ages and then during a gank "owned....owned.....owned....owned."