Wukong Item Build Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestJewishNA

07-31-2011

Hello and welcome to Wukong Item Build guide.

I've been playing Wukong since the day he came out and I must say he's A LOT of fun. But when faced against another Wukong, I always see them build his items WRONG. Just utterly wrong. Allow me to explain..

At the beginning of each match you have a choice between a Doran's Blade (which can be very usefull, giving you a health boost, an AD boost, and a tiny bit of lifesteal) or Speed Boots. Doran's Blade is nice but not nice if you plan on harassing your enemy team in your lane heavily. You may also choose speed boots and a few health pots which allows you to harass a little more and the option of healing and continuing your harassment and the boots give you the option of a nice getaway. If you bought boots, depending on the enemy team set-up, you may choose between berserker greaves or the recommended Mercury Treads. This is up to you.

Another point I'd like to make is that most players who have bought Wukong have OBVIOUSLY seen his Champion Spotlight where Ph34r tells you to buy a Trinity Force and every team I faced with a Wukong building a Tri-force lost...badly. It's a sad waste of time. Wukong is PURELY a melee champion. No magic damage involved except for his Clone that when its duration is over, it deals magic damage. So my point is...
Trinity force has little to no use for a Wukong.+30 this and that is just blah. You spent all that time farming almost 2-3k gold for some crappy end tier item? No thanks.

For those of you who build your Wukong's to hit fast and hit hard, you're on the right track but not using Wukong to his ultimate potential. Building Wukong a bit tanky is essential for his survival.

Going back to my original point of Trinity Force being useless, buying Sheen is even more completely useless for Wukong save for the 100% base damage boost to your next ability but its really not worth it. I have no problem with killing opponent and the extra burst is really not worth it.

For my Wukong, I build Doran's Blade or Boots of Speed depending on how I feel. I used to only take boots, thinking that Doran's Blade wasn't worth it but after a few trial attempts, it really is. Afterwards, I'll build Phage for the health boost and damage boost which is really nice. Then build a Last Whisper (For a melee champ, armor pen +40 Damage is REALLY GOOD), and then build a Frozen Mallet out of the Phage for a ridiculous amount of health increase, a nice passive, and the extra 2 points of damage is...okay. If you don't want to build a Frozen Mallet, that's fine. I didn't even know Phage built into a Frozen Mallet until I took a closer look at Phage.

By this time, I already have my team pushed far back with atleast 1-2 turrets down in each lane. If you haven't reached this point, I suggest a Warmog's or some lifesteal. Or if anything, more damage couldn't hurt.

So that's my guide to a nicely item built Wukong which I've had a lot of success with in many games. Again, building a trinity force is a waste of money and time.

I hope this helps anyone having trouble with item builds on Wukong. And remember, Trinity Force bad.

Joebags

07-31-2011

Here's my wukong guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woNsA6tEOq8

EDIT: also, phage builds into frozen mallet not frozen heart fyi

BestJewishNA

07-31-2011

Bump

Oh boy billagain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

0/10 gtfo troll

BestJewishNA

07-31-2011

This ain't no troll.

Muttr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

I've tried him without Tri-Force and he just seemed gimp without it...and I RARELY lose with him, I can literally carry hard (out of 15+ games with him, I may have lost once or twice). Every single stat on the TF benefits him quite well. However, I do not rush it every game (I will still get a Sheen asap). I have yet to be out played by another monkey.

Mercury Treads are FTW.
I definitely recommend Warmogs and Frozen Mallet on him, if they got some decent AD, get a Atma's after those 2 and it's awesome. If you don't want Atma's then get a Last Whisper because it rapes.

Normally by the time I get my TF, Warmogs/Frozen Mallet, and Atma's/LW it's a gg.

Maybe I will try him again without TF now that I know him well and see how it pans out this time.

UPDATE: Tried him again without Tri-Force - went 12/4/9 - I noticed the effect not having TF slightly, but maybe not enough to spend 4k on it lol.