Launcher crashes before game start-up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aedan

09-08-2009

I just installed the Beta. Every time i try and start the game the lancher crashes after i accept both the EULA and the TOS, but before the game starts. I'm using an AMD 64X2, Nvidia 8800GTS, and more components well within the requirements of this game. I've updated all drivers, etc. I've searched for others having this problem, but really have not been able to find anything,

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-08-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The updater is really just an IE web page, so you may find turning down security settings in IE or making sure you're "working online" will help. Also make sure windows SP3 is installed.

Lotux

10-04-2009

I got the same problem. and i have lowered the security settings as low as possible on IE but it doesn't help any idea how to fix this ?

Ikeyaro

10-04-2009

I got the same problem after new patch. The game just cant start up and its crashing on startup news.

I used to play a lot, and this happened suddenly.

Larzuzk

10-04-2009

Made it work by deleting launcher_config and repair the game with the install file.
Tried for 10 h yesterday, to get rid of lines in the file, but the client just exit on me.
But this morning it worked.
So to all of you with a client exit after 2 sec, try delete the hole file and repair with the install file.

GymE

01-13-2010

after pulling my hair out for hours trying all the bs fixes i realized that the uninstall doesn't remove very many of the files. i manually deleted every trace of the game and reinstalled from the beginning. works fine now, hope this helps someone.