Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling(need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YurdleTheTurtle

07-30-2011

What Summoner level are you?

It is entirely possible to jungle at low Summoner levels (I've been doing it for a while now), depending on the champion. Jungling requires much more patience and practice however, as it's especially important to know your 'routes' (order of neutral camps you go through) as well as which items to get initially. Additionally, it requires more adaptability; you need to know what to do when things do not go right, for the occasional games where the opposing team actually does something about you.

When I was around level 10, I used Udyr, who is probably one of the easier champions to jungle with. Later on at 19, I started using Trundle. I'm currently level 20 and yes, I've been having fun/success jungling despite no real runes (just tier 1 runes, and they're not even jungle-specific).

Both champs are great at jungling despite low summoner level, and even more important, you do not need fancy runes or 30 mastery points!

This is a common misconception; that you can't jungle at all and you need to wait until you have everything. While it is true you will not be jungling as efficiently, it still works and in the vast majority of the cases the players will not punish you for jungling (Lower summoner levels means they're not those crazy pro players who constantly keep an eye on you).

If you want, I can make you a quick guide on how to jungle at low summoner levels as Udyr or Trundle. But yeah, the main point I wanted to make was you can jungle regardless of levels and runes. I find it very enjoyable and it has been working out very well.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jansports

07-30-2011

as soon as your level 9 with 3 AD marks 3 armor seals and any blues(all tier 1 runes) with 8 Utility you can Trundle cloth+5 blue to red standard route.

I jungled from I think it was 6 all the way to 30 and love it. Warwick Nunu Amumu Trundle are forgiving enough that you don't need full runes and such to be effective with them.