Cant use arrow keys while in game..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Mehoff Man1

08-05-2011

is that normal? and is there a way to fix it? thanks in advance

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Um what are you trying to use your arrow keys to do exactly?

Whatever it is, your arrow keys may not be working cause they aren't "bound" to any actions. In game go to your settings and bind them however you please

Jack Mehoff Man1

08-05-2011

i want to use the arrow keys to pan move the map rather than use the mouse and put it on the edge of the screen to move the map

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-05-2011

how many hands do you have?

or, in a similar way: do you use your mouse to select the spells? O.o

Jack Mehoff Man1

08-06-2011

i usually put my keys as n m , . and use my pinky to cast them , but now i cant use the arrow key to move the map... =(

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Um so you use your pinky to cast spells and your arrows to pan the map, and the mouse to target heroes? That seems overly complex. I've never tried that before, i'll have a look at it later today.

Edit* Had a look at it:

Ok so indeed there seems to be an issue. I looked at my default keybindings, since i don't usually mess around with them much. And there is a definite issue.

Look at my screenshot. The original keybindings for the scrolling do seem to be the normal up,down,left,right. But when i tried typing in the same keys to the secondary keybindings they were recognized as Num keys ( which don't even exist on my Mac keyboard ) - which is weird - but it means that the client isn't recognizing our arrow keys as arrow keys.

So the solution is to bind either the secondary ( or overwrite the binding on the primary ) to the arrow keys which will be called Num 8,2,4,6 instead of their actual names. You should then be able to get back to your rather weird play style :P

Jack Mehoff Man1

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
Um so you use your pinky to cast spells and your arrows to pan the map, and the mouse to target heroes? That seems overly complex. I've never tried that before, i'll have a look at it later today.

Edit* Had a look at it:

Ok so indeed there seems to be an issue. I looked at my default keybindings, since i don't usually mess around with them much. And there is a definite issue.

Look at my screenshot. The original keybindings for the scrolling do seem to be the normal up,down,left,right. But when i tried typing in the same keys to the secondary keybindings they were recognized as Num keys ( which don't even exist on my Mac keyboard ) - which is weird - but it means that the client isn't recognizing our arrow keys as arrow keys.

So the solution is to bind either the secondary ( or overwrite the binding on the primary ) to the arrow keys which will be called Num 8,2,4,6 instead of their actual names. You should then be able to get back to your rather weird play style :P

god bless you good sir

YSfighter

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff Man1 View Post
god bless you good sir
Your most welcome