For those who are Master Yi Beginners(Short&Sweet)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlofTwilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Order of My Build:
1.Brawler's Gloves+x2 Health Pots.
2.On recall, Avarice Blade+Boots of Speed/Berserker's Greaves(if affordable).
3.Complete Youmuu's Ghostblade A.S.A.P.
4.A lifesteal item.
5.Go however you want for rest. Alternatively, you can go off a build you feel comfortable with.

As a beginner, you should only lane for the few first times. Jungling should not be attempted until you get the runes and masteries needed. For laning, your skill build can be to max out your E(Wuju Style) or your Q(Alpha Strike) first. There is no need for your W. Also learn your ultimate whenever possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer laning for a long time, you can raise your W by 3 levels. I don't suggest playing aggressively in lane if you aren't someone who's confident against certain people.

Yi's ultimate should only be used for turrets, killing, or escaping while slowed since he's immune to slow during the ult's duration.

For summoner spells, use Exhaust+Ghost/Ignite. If you are a good judger on when to do things, use Ignite as a finisher. If you are someone who prefers chasing or needs to escape a lot, use Ghost.

I can't help with gameplay since Master Yi is all about targeting the right person, not underestimating, and finding the right time to do things. That is all up to you.

Carados

07-29-2011

Why would you start with Crit Gloves? That is the worst advice. Especially for new players.

or running Exhaust/Ignite. This is all bad.

MrToasty

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlofTwilight View Post
Order of My Build:
1.Brawler's Gloves+x2 Health Pots.
2.On recall, Avarice Blade+Boots of Speed/Berserker's Greaves(if affordable).
3.Complete Youmuu's Ghostblade A.S.A.P.
4.A lifesteal item.
5.Go however you want for rest. Alternatively, you can go off a build you feel comfortable with.

As a beginner, you should only lane for the few first times. Jungling should not be attempted until you get the runes and masteries needed. For laning, your skill build can be to max out your E(Wuju Style) or your Q(Alpha Strike) first. There is no need for your W. Also learn your ultimate whenever possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer laning for a long time, you can raise your W by 3 levels. I don't suggest playing aggressively in lane if you aren't someone who's confident against certain people.

Yi's ultimate should only be used for turrets, killing, or escaping while slowed since he's immune to slow during the ult's duration.

For summoner spells, use Exhaust+Ghost/Ignite. If you are a good judger on when to do things, use Ignite as a finisher. If you are someone who prefers chasing or needs to escape a lot, use Ghost.

I can't help with gameplay since Master Yi is all about targeting the right person, not underestimating, and finding the right time to do things. That is all up to you.
This is pretty close to my build expect for one key difference. Get Avarice Blade up and running ASAP to maximize it's gold creaation. Once done, go for zerker boots, a lifesteal item, then IE. After your IE is done, finish Ghostblade. Doing it this way will allow you to make good use of that Avarice Blade. That's his core build really. Everything else depends on the play style.

NicknameMy

07-29-2011

Yi can only be played at full potential if jungled

Animus1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=948212

I found this guide to be better for new yis. Just from personal experience tho. The OP is supplying a possible build for yi that works for him, however I found the other guide to have a simpler and more solid build for lane yi.

SOmeNoob212

07-29-2011

this is my exact build and it works beautifully even without runes. Just don't forget that you can activate Youmuu's Ghostblade (since their new).