How to add new pages to Rune Book?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apexflash

07-29-2011

I want to have more than 2 pages, but not sure how? please help

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-29-2011

Unlike mastery pages which are unlimited, you need to purchase rune pages from the store (using either RP or IP), up to a maximum of 10 pages.

redeux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

^^

To note: A single rune page will cost you 6300 IP or 590 RP, a bundle of 7 rune pages cost 2600 RP. You cannot have more than 10 and you are unable to buy a rune page bundle if it would put you over 10 rune pages. So if you bought two single rune pages (total of 4) you'd no longer be able to buy the bundle since you cannot have 11 pages. The bundle is a great value, however, not everyone needs 7 rune pages (especially starting out). If you don't have an immediate need for multiple rune pages you can always purchase them with IP and save your money.

Apexflash

07-29-2011

thanks a ton. I guess ill just have to redo them before each game if needed for now haha... thats way too expensive for me

p.s. just found it in the "other" tab in the store lol, was looking through the "rune" tab and couldn't find it lol

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

they should change it, you already have to buy the runes, why not make pages free ;S or at least a lot cheaper

redeux

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexflash View Post
thanks a ton. I guess ill just have to redo them before each game if needed for now haha... thats way too expensive for me

p.s. just found it in the "other" tab in the store lol, was looking through the "rune" tab and couldn't find it lol
Well, depending on your runes you can actually get pretty much any build covered by using the following runes

red: armor penetration and magic penetration
yellow: flat armor and mana regen per 5/lvl
blue: flat cooldown reduction and magic resistance/lvl
quints: fortitude or swiftness

I see you're level 11 so pretty soon you'll want to start saving your money (no one recommends buying tier 2 runes). Save as much IP between levels 11 and 20 so when you get to 20 you can buy the runes i just outlined. Between those you can fill two tier3 rune pages to cover just about any role. they might not be optimal for a specific champion but they are definitely the most versatile runes in the game. Then you won't have to worry about buying a 3rd rune page right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtractor View Post
they should change it, you already have to buy the runes, why not make pages free ;S or at least a lot cheaper
It's all part of their market strategy which I can respect from a business standpoint as a marketing major myself. Just be grateful you get multiple mastery pages for free. Not too long ago you only had one so you'd have to change your masteries before every match if playing a different champ. I was very grateful for the multiple mastery pages and even moreso that they are free.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-29-2011

I imagine that's actually the reason they made mastery pages free; more experienced players would have just ended up redoing their mastery pages every game, which would just end up making lower level spend more IP.