Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]Shen: Tank Assasin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notmiefault

09-06-2010

They only exist as tier 3 runes. You have to be at least level 20 to use them.

If you aren't level 20, you don't want to be buying runes anyway. You will just have to replace them with better ones later. You are better off saving your IP so when you hit level 20 you can afford the really good ones.

Notmiefault

09-06-2010

Quote:
IwillKSyou:
Only thing i would really disagree with really is taking 1 point of alacrity over archaic knowledge seeing how shen's physical dps is sad, and you deal mostly magical damage as shen anyways

That was actually a typo, thanks for pointing it out. Fixed.

Notmiefault

10-07-2010

Updated the item list

powahless

11-02-2010

Why don't you max out dash first?

PerAnon

11-02-2010

Quote:
powahless:
Why don't you max out dash first?

Dash's taunt duration doesn't increase by much per level (.3 seconds), and while the reduced energy cost is nice, it's not essential early on.

Meanwhile, Vorpal Blade is excellent harass early on, and its damage will make you a credible threat through midgame. At the same time, it can keep you and your lanemate in lane via the heal proc.

Notmiefault

11-12-2010

Well said. That is pretty much the heart of it; shadow dash, while being a great move, doesn't improve all that much as you level it compared to vorpal blade, which increases in damage, healing, and energy cost.

Notmiefault

11-12-2010

I just went and changed the "runes" section quite a bit.

I also added a brief guide to playing Jungling Shen at the bottom, for those who want to try it out. It actually works pretty well, so if you are a veteran Shen looking to mix things up, I highly recommend it.

RightClickMe1

11-24-2010

Hi, great guide. With this guide I got 28/2/13 in Twisted Treeline. Even though im LOW elo. But im a bit confused on what items I should buy when the other team is mainly DPS. Im new to LoL so I dont know if im bumping this or something....

Notmiefault

11-24-2010

If they are heavy DPS with almost no magic damage, then scrap the banshee's veil and replace it with probably another sunfire cape, or thornmail if you are feeling dangerous. Be sure to keep the merc treads though, unless they have virtually no crowd control (stuns, slows, snares, silences, etc), in which case you want to go with ninja tabi. 98% of the time though, you should have merc treads; the only possible time you wouldn't is if you are up against a team composed of something like master yi, miss fortune, and tristana or something like that.

UVolt

01-11-2011

I just started LoL, and after reading countless guides and practicing out different builds, this seems like the most updated and comprehensive guide.

One suggestion though, for us new players:
Maybe add the amount of gold to return to base at throughout the item progression. As a new player, I'm still learning how much certain items cost, and sometimes end up returning to the shop when I don't have quite enough gold yet. Just a suggestion though, and not necessary at all.