Anyone tried AP Gangplank lately? (analysis)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gX View Post
ive still never seen ghostblade on a GP
You've been playing bad Gangplanks. Ghostblade was core on GP before the remake. After the remake, you shouldn't build either an IE or a PD unless your so far ahead it's not funny.

m0gX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

so what are usual core items?

Carados

07-29-2011

Quote:
so what are usual core items?
Philo into Trinity, maybe Banshees Atmas, tanky.

You're a melee carry.

m0gX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

interesting.

Warrrrax

07-29-2011

So, it sounds like people are going TriForce and playing a tankier GP who actually engages in melee, instead of critplank who spams Q all day long.

m0gX

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
So, it sounds like people are going TriForce and playing a tankier GP who actually engages in melee, instead of critplank who spams Q all day long.
I prefer critplank. still works for me at level 30 unrankeds (haven't played GP ranked yet).

I usually start with meki stick; gives more mana to last hit with parlly and to heal.

I don't go back until I can get at least sheen. After sheen, I get boots of lucidity. I may also upgrade meki to chalice at any point if I am laning against AP character giving me problems.

After boots of lucidity, I get IE, then phantom dancer. Sometimes I'll finish trinity somewhere in there too. other good items for after or in between are atma's and bloodthirster.

Getting blue buff whenever possible is really amazing too.

Carados

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Yes, because that's the reason Gangplank was permabanned for four weeks. Going Crit-Plank is just ignorant at best.

m0gX

07-29-2011

why? what's so wrong with 1.2k parly's AND good autoattacks but slightly less tankyness?

edit: or if you will, maybe average 800 dmg parly's

Carados

07-29-2011

Quote:
why? what's so wrong with 1.2k parly's AND good autoattacks but slightly less tankyness?
You deal less damage then an Ashe with the same amount of gold, due to being a ranged carry with effectively .2 attack speed.

m0gX

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You deal less damage then an Ashe with the same amount of gold, due to being a ranged carry with effectively .2 attack speed.
you're using the wrong build if you still have low attack speed.