ARAM Rune Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

argvaerf

07-28-2011

Okay. I'm one of those awful people who plays ARAM like it's a bid to save his dying mother, and not so much as a fun escape from normal games.

For me, ARAM is the most serious of business, and I've developed a few rune pages that I'll use when I'm in the mood for some random face smashing in mid.

Since I'm still lacking quite a few champions, I haven't had the spare IP to buy extra rune pages, so I've just got my three. I separated ARAM champs out into ARAM Mage, ARAM Physical, ARAM Tank.

These are the rune pages I use, and I hope you find similar luck with them, as I have:

ARAM Mage:
9 flat spell pen reds
9 health regen/5 per level yellows OR 9 mana regen/5 per level yellows
9 magic resist per level blues
3 flat HP quints OR 3 flat AP quints

Reasoning:
Spell pen is pretty self-explanatory, it lets your AP work for you, and is a lot harder to itemize than AP in the game.

The yellow is the sneaky part. These hp regen per 5 runes will give you ridiculous sustain, even if you're playing with no heals vs a sona/soraka/alistar, etc. They seriously make a huge difference in play, and are a great choice on mages that throw out huge burst, but can sustain their mana pools. Annie is a great example.

On the other hand, there are some ARAM champs that are begging to have Will of the Ancients slapped on them, since it's such a godlike aura item for teams with lots of AP poke, or just lots of mages on them. If you're planning on building Will of the Ancients, use mana regen/5 per level.

The blue magic resist is for poke resistance. There's a much larger chance that the incremental damage that you'll be hit with throughout the game will be magic based instead of physical based, and the MR these runes give you will bolster your sustain throughout the game.

The flat HP quints work great with the health-per-5 yellows, giving you a larger buffer of HP to soak pokes, and heal back from it. On the other hand, if you're going with the mana regen yellows, I'd actually recommend taking flat AP quints, and this is why: If you're playing a bursty mage with enough mana fixing to stay in lane, and you're going to be rushing an early Will of the Ancients, just pick up an Amplifying Tome and a health pot. This will give you more explosive damage than a Doran's Ring, and it'll turn nicely into a hextech/will.

ARAM Physical
9 armor pen reds
9 health regen/5 per level yellows
3 armor pen quints OR 3 flat HP quints

Reasoning:
I'm going to try and not bullsh!t my way through explaining this page very much, because honestly I'm not very good at playing physical dps champions, even though I've been playing this **** game for two years now.

It comes down to this: Armor pen is great to have in your runes, because you can rush to a big fat BF sword after your first trip back to base, if you've got good enough sustain, and it'll punch nice big holes in your enemies with lots of rune-assisted armor penetration.

Health regen per 5 means you don't have to take a doran's blade, shield, or god forbid a regrowth pendant into the fight at level 1, if you don't want to. It opens up stuff like boots and pots to be much more viable, and gives you great sustain all game long.

Magic resist is for soaking the ubiquitous magic poke that is everywhere in ARAM.

The quints come down to whether or not you're going to be life-stealing or not, in my opinion. If you're playing xin, and you think you can live in the melee zone of the enemy's creep wave while auto-attacking away, you'd better take flat hp, because you're going to be punished a lot, and you'll need the buffer to survive. On the other hand, if you're playing tristana, and you just want to slam pain into your opponents if they come within rocket-nuking distance, take the armor pen and be the glass cannon. You'll still have sustain through your health regen yellows and MR blues, but you'll only be able to take damage for a few seconds.

ARAM Tank
9 flat armor reds
9 health regen/5 per level yellows
3 flat HP quints

Reasoning:
By far my favorite thing to play in ARAM is a tank. If you have enough hp/5 and magic resist, you can do really crazy sh!t pretty much whenever you want and get out alive with kills for your team. A lot of times, with this rune page, if I see we're going up against a ton of mages, I will straight up buy a Null Magic Mantle, and not give two craps about poke for the rest of the game, as that mantle turns into merc treads, which is followed by a bveil, FoN, etc.

Anyway, those are my rune pages, I hope some of you will give them a try if you've got the runes handy (hp regen/5 per level are only 410 IP or something, iirc), and enjoy tryharding in ARAMs. <:3c

-Brokroma

angrywaffle04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

in aram its more about what champs you got. i just use normal runes for whoever i got. dont think it makes a big deal.

Cheeze5467

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

But in ARAM you level alot slower and dont get as much use out of per level runes as compared to flat runes

Brokroma

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze5467 View Post
But in ARAM you level alot slower and dont get as much use out of per level runes as compared to flat runes
That actually depends on the rune, I've found. I suggested flat armor reds instead of scaling armor reds in the tank page, because they're a lot better in my opinion. The scaling magic resist on the other hand becomes better than flat magic resist quite early, and I think it's definitely worth getting the scaling runes in that case. The same can be said for HP quints, where in that particular instance, flat health is better than health per level.

Oberic

07-28-2011

No gold quints? No experience quints?

iSuperMario

06-08-2013

I use 6% spell vamp sometimes since there is no other way of healing sometimes in aram