Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] My Crit is Over 9000: Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qusteka

09-17-2009

Just saw that you wanted to know why to go with edge over cleaver or vice versa.
In my opp. it depends very much on your personal liking, both item's are pretty equal in the ability to help
ya, it's just that cleaver is much cheaper and it add's about the same amount of damage to *MOST* heroes
as an edge does. But Edge is definitely more worth it late game because of the increased crit dmg.

Stacking up crit dmg runes (except blue claritys) might be a nice idea to compensate that, in the end
making the Cleaver the better choice. As said it's up to you, just try both and decide on what you like
best. Cleaver good to do dmg to everyone scaling with their tankability. Edge good to burst low hp
classes, worse against tanks.

Austere

09-18-2009

In that case I think I'll probably lean more towards the cleaver just because if all other things are fairly equal it is a little cheaper and thus can get bought a little earlier. Thanks for the advice Qusteka. Lately I've been running 4.5% movespeed runes and then the greaves as opposted to tier 3 boots and so far I think it is a good switch for me. Are there different situations in which you ashe pros would go tier 3 boots over greaves or vice versa?

Qusteka

09-18-2009

FUUUCK got my text wiped 2 times in a row, now I'm really pissed...
don't buy boots of swiftness they're not worth it. (i claim that this is so and i don't have the nerves to write
another long explanation on that).

I'm not pro on ashe neither on any other hero.
I lack on awareness, speed, last hit ability, using wards, having a team and much much more.
My next build (even though i dunno how it will turn out, gonna let you know) will be
boots -->b.f. --> greaves --> cleaver --> dancer --> last whisper/edge --> last whisper/edge -->
warmogs

getting nunu and sivir as mates

i'll be glass with this strategy but gonna try it.

wcShepherd

09-18-2009

I find myself doing very well going the complete opposite of this build. I have to agree with TenToePete that you just limit her damage way too much going this route. I go lifesteal early, and while it does limit my mana a bit I can still harass fairly well. I'll go Ninja or Greaves depending on opponent heros early, and switch to Ninja end game almost always. Other than that I damage out the wazu with cleaver and infiniti. Mid-to late game I use thornmail if there's a bunch of melee heros, especially gank melee heros (like warwick), or I'll get a HP/magic armor if there's a bunch of mages. As long as I have some good enough team mates to avoid a stun/lock, I find myself to be pretty unstoppable. I took a max equiped 18 Warwick all of his ulti/ability with just my autoattack/FS. (he was unstoppable and had 15+ kills until I was able to farm to catch up {fed by two completely new players}) ***

I admit, the biggest weakness of this is you can't easily solo 2+ players late game because you are extremely vulnerable to stun-locks. As long as I can drop bombs, opponents are toast. Using FS and frost arrows to keep melee and short range magic at bay helps, often they can't get in range of me before they are dead.

Just my 2c

*** I know this is a strategy thread, and I'm working on a longer post, but for gods sake, help noobs! This is a beta, of a brand new game, and there's no Fing info online due to NDA. Stop yelling at people because they feed and instead try to teach them. SO many people are downright mean to brand new players, and it always causes a loss in the end.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

09-19-2009

Shirokuma, so if you don't get Philosopher's Stone what is your build? I have still been using my PhiloStone build because, as far as I can tell, it's a pretty safe build. Do you go straight for the Boots or Greaves? Hmm, I want to change up my build to deal more damage but I don't know what to do at this point.

Shirokuma

Recruiter

09-19-2009

Well, I have to test things out a bit now that a few new items have been implemented. You shouldn't have a static end game setup for your hero, but you should have a fairly consistent start. I generally get boots and potions, follow it up with a cleaver, get my berserker's, then go for damage items. But I'll have to see how Ashe fares with a bloodrazor to see if I need to change things up a bit.

Danulas

09-20-2009

I don't understand the hate of Phantom Dancer. It's got exactly what Ashe needs. A lot of crit chance.

Also, you can't choose which spells to start out with until you know who you're laning with and against.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

09-20-2009

Quote:
Shirokuma:
Well, I have to test things out a bit now that a few new items have been implemented. You shouldn't have a static end game setup for your hero, but you should have a fairly consistent start. I generally get boots and potions, follow it up with a cleaver, get my berserker's, then go for damage items. But I'll have to see how Ashe fares with a bloodrazor to see if I need to change things up a bit.

Do you go for attack speed at all? Or do you just choose among Black Cleaver/Infinity edge?

Shirokuma

Recruiter

09-20-2009

Quote:
IHaveCrayons:
Do you go for attack speed at all? Or do you just choose among Black Cleaver/Infinity edge?

Up until now my build was Greaves, Cleaver, Phage, Banshee's Veil, Infinity Edge, <Random 6th Item>, then upgrade Phage to Mallet. It's still probably the best build, but I still have to see if Bloodrazor can outperform Cleaver. I doubt it's the item to go for on Ashe though, since Ashe is less reliant on attack speed and more crit damage.

Krald

09-21-2009

Quote:
Shirokuma:
Up until now my build was Greaves, Cleaver, Phage, Banshee's Veil, Infinity Edge, <Random 6th Item>, then upgrade Phage to Mallet. It's still probably the best build, but I still have to see if Bloodrazor can outperform Cleaver. I doubt it's the item to go for on Ashe though, since Ashe is less reliant on attack speed and more crit damage.

I totally played you last night, and in vent I was like "oh crap thats Shirokuma, he's that dude who keeps posting all this advanced math stuff on some ashe guide, I hope his skills aren't as good as his mathcrafting and theorycrafting..." They were, and I was trying out a completely new hero (sion) and I had no idea what to do! Not to mention our ashe was a cocky jerk who had no idea how to play her (he said your build sucked, yet you owned our team)

Next game he went 3-14 or something, and even with me 'carrying' as Veigar we got stomped. Please play with me so I don't have to deal with a crummy ashe