[Suggestion] Repair game files option

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixelfenix

04-30-2010

Every major MMO that I can think of has an option to scan your files to repair them. If you look through the help and support forums alot of the issues are caused by having some sort of error during patch resulting in having corrupted game files and can only be fixed by re-installing.

I am proposing that you have some sort of system to check the hash of the local files and compare them against the server files and just overwrite the files if they are mis-matching. This might save alot of time and bandwith to whoever is having problems with the game files.

This could also be seemless into the patcher and it would just make sure that all the files are consistent with the server's files and thus update them as necessary.

TLDR: Have an option to verify local files and repair them using server's files.

wishr

03-21-2011

bump. Extremely needed feauture

kabato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

yes please and thank you

Xenophobed

04-21-2011

Why does this have 9000 views , but only 3 comments? Lurking noobs. I swear lol

I support this though /signed

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishr View Post
bump. Extremely needed feauture
It's already in the new patcher.

Diamondragan

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Poly Count View Post
It's already in the new patcher.
Me thinks this is it.

OgLp2AHgOqeeOkEL

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondragan View Post
Me thinks this is it.
How do i get the new downloader?

Miketranquilo

07-03-2011

FYI for the noobs like me. Run LOL -> Top right area of launcher, there's what looks like gears next to the X and minimize button. Click that and run the repair from there.

I use a recommended items mod and it messed up the game (heropac file i think) for me.

Shortzo

08-24-2011

i would suggest having the repair tool check the files in order of newest -> oldest - ie, it checks to make sure all content for the latest patch is present and uncorrupted before checking older files.

i would imagine this could reduce the time needed to repair an installation by as much as 90%.

Brassnads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

I think it'd be great if you could check a box that says "It's a graphics, sounds, launching (more options here)" so it will check those areas first for problems. *Shrug* maybe it wouldn't work. But it'd be cool.