[Tutorial] How to mod the sound files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

if the sounds playing rnt the correct ones than the problem is in the repacking part....

if the sounds r the right ones but it is sounding strange...than the problem is the sampler rate...

also...if u need help hop on irc and pm me... most of the problems people r having here is due to the unpack/repack program not being the right version.... newer versions unpack the files as mp3 and gives an error while repacking....older versions dont unpack.....also...the new files should have no header(try playing it on winamp....if it works...than ur files has a header ;])

Doctor Awesome

07-12-2010

Can we get a dropdown box to pick our announcer? I want the old "OWWWWWWNED" back too! Riot's gotta have those files kicking around somewhere...

Also, I would probably replace Poppy's sound files with Tourette's Guy or something.

>_>

P4r4g0n

07-12-2010

Thanks tri...

I think its the header problem then since i can play them no problem

How do i get rid of them?

Tried googling how to get rid of them as I thought that might be the problem, but i couldnt find a straight forward solution.

Shirokko

07-24-2010

Have you tried wavemp3 ? It can remove the header from wav files

LionFishBerserkr

07-24-2010

I'm searching for a Nasus voice mod that changes Nasus' voice to something more along the lines of Stargate.

He already has good ability sounds, but I am looking specifically for a change of his unit response voice.
(or whatever it is called when he talks as you move him around etc)

I am thinking the more inhuman sounding the better,
or just a more rough voice (plenty of Jaffa quotes to pull from).

Links appreciated since I don't know how to do it all myself.
Thanks!

Bonegnasher

08-22-2010

I was able to successfully use fsbext to extract the music files from GameMusicEvents_bank00.fsb (trying to listen to the TT soundtrack ), but they won't play properly in any music player, including MusicPlayerEx. Essentially, it sounds like the files are playing 5-10 times faster than they should, then abruptly stopping. I've tried the "-a" extension to fix the headers, and using GoldWave to "fix" the files, but I haven't had any luck. Anyone else have this problem with the music files specifically? Suggestions?

Gandalf The Grey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

I'd switch Alistar's Knockaway skill with with "Gitthe****away!"

RaZoR9302

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Second step: MODDING THE FILE
keep the name...do w/e u want with the rest ;]
also...remember to not put a header on the file (if u dunno what that means...u probably shouldnt be messing with the files ;]) - dunno if it works with headers...maybe it ll work...maybe not^^(2nd ss)
With what can i remove a header ? Cause untill now i didn't find anithing that might help me to remove headers from .wav files and i need some pointing outs on what apps to use and a lil tutorial on how to use aswell. Thank you

Hydriumlol

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
I can see all the Shurelia sound packs now. Also don't forget that this will almost certainly break your patch so you'll have to rollback those files before patching.
Shurelia sound packs would be for masochists.

RaZoR9302

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydriumlol View Post
Shurelia sound packs would be for masochists.
Dude , u know how to un-HEADER-ize the wav files? T_T -.- i need some help over here