[Tutorial] How to mod the sound files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

prYzm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

so how long till someone records phreak on his livestream and has him screaming 'get on my level' after an ace -_-

MsJunglePrincess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

bump for hoping to get old announcer

OWNNNED

Vxoid

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzer View Post
bump for hoping to get old announcer

OWNNNED
i just uploaded it. page 3

xackery

Recruiter

06-30-2010

Old Topic but, for fun here's how I get fsb -> mp3 (it isn't entirely covered in first topic)
fsbext - http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/65f2fd1f3d/fsbext - i uploaded the files im using...
MusicPlayerEx - http://jerome.jouvie.free.fr/Fmod/Projects/Project1.php
as noted on first page.
But then also:
CDEX - http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Extract data, get sounds folder, use fsbext in the same dir to extract *.fsb's (this is all noted in first topic).
You'll get a bunch of .mp3 and .wav files, that probably won't play on any normal players (due to weird RIFF WAV header info). Some will probably play 2x speed on some players.

Start up MusicPlayerEx. Drag all files wanted into it. CTRL+A (select all entries), right click the entries, Convert -> WAV, select directory you want to extract. (I've tried Convert -> MP3, but the information it uses ends up being incompatible with a lot of players, so trust me on WAV conversion first.)

Now open up CDEX. I first recommend going into Options - Settings and then to Directories & Files. You'll see a textbox with the label WAV -> MP3. Set this directory to where you want the files extracted. Tap Ok, and now go to Convert -> Convert WAV to Compressed Audio File(s). Set source directory. Set options to how you want to run it, e.g. delete originals. Tab select All. Tap Convert.

Now you'll have mp3 files that should play on any player. Enjoy.

j4xpEptuSN

The Council

06-30-2010

I think I'll just replace half of every sound with owned.

thirty seconds until minions OWNED
first OWNED
your inhibitor has been OWNED
pentaOWNED

and every attack sound for baron too

AnAnarchist

07-01-2010

I've being tinkering with this for a good while now.

I managed to extract the sound files no bother and after I replaced a couple of wavs I repacked and replaced my VOBank_en_US.fsb.

Sadly whenever the sounds I replaced play in game they either come out as complete static sounding or as entirely different LoL sound files.

Perhaps its a problem with the repacker however I believe the wavs I'm using have headers and try as I may I can't find a Vista program that will remove headers from Wav files.

Also idk if this makes any difference but the sound files I'm using are mono and the ones already present in LoL are stereo.

Any help would be appreciated.

xReon

07-04-2010

Maybe u can Upload fdp project file. I edit VOBank_en_US.fsd when i finish open file on FMOD Event player and all files edited no played good. orginal - First Blood = First Blood! my Fb = kskzksztttbszsz

What format wav file have? 44.1hz 32 bit ?

I need to replace female1 orginal to Unreal Tournament 3 sounds

UT3 Sounds file:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23242504/ut3.rar

if u can pls send fdp file redronx@gmail.com or ask what i can replace this files

WWJDFTW

07-09-2010

Anyone try fiddling with the new files so they have the same file size, duration, or both? I don't know much about fsb and event based sound timing or whatever, but it seems like it's not quite as simple as just switching a file and changing the name.

Toboy

07-11-2010

Doesn't work for me, I changed the KHZ but now it plays all kind of random League sounds. I changed the first blood sound with the ut2004 first blood sound but instead of that it plays sounds of sion and kassadin and a whole bunch of other sounds.
If you ever manage to get this working properly tell me :P

P4r4g0n

07-12-2010

Ive tried modding this file as well, but after many many hours was not successful.

The modded sound file ends up being scrambled/ends up playing some other random sound file.

Any ideas where my mistake might have been?

Anyone willing to upload the modded .fsb file somewhere?