[Tutorial] How to mod the sound files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

devined

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethella View Post
Well, I managed to get it all working and such, and there are major flaws in the OP's guide.
For example, the extractor he used truncates the files to be extracted, thus giving the error about certain files not being found. Also, because there may be multiple sound clips per event instance, you'll end up with only one sound-clip thanks to the truncation.

I got done my Quake/Unreal modification, and I think I'm just going to eventually start a thread with a working guide and/or resources for those interested. There's just too much that's not working in this thread. (Sorry OP, no disrespect.. you help a lot in getting me started, if anything, and I'm thankful for that)
I have a different extractor, I dont have a repacker though.

Paradox

Adjudicator

05-10-2010

The extractor link doesn't seem to work... any one have another link?

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
The extractor link doesn't seem to work... any one have another link?
changed the link

also...

i know that this tutorial has some flaws but like i said... its the first version (and im really out of time now to remake it with more details/less flaws)

about the files that rnt unpacked as .wav....i tought it was because it was either a different type of sound(that could/could not be in the game) and that that was made different by riot and not tys to the extractor.....not sure ;]

and i really dunno about the truncate files....i really dont get any error while unpacking/repacking ;[

looking forward for a new improved tutorial and if u need help/wanna ask something just hop in irc and message me...(i promisse that ill reply as soon as i see the message^^)

Vxoid

05-12-2010

thanks.
i tried using music player to convert mp3 to wav and the audio was messed up so i tried audacity and it was still messed up. i ended up trying to rename the extension itself, along w/the file name, and it worked.
maybe this way will work w/others.

Vxoid

05-12-2010

correction... only some of them are working.

Xpload

Adjudicator

05-14-2010

too bad noone saved the old announcer .fsb

Vxoid

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpload View Post
too bad noone saved the old announcer .fsb
im sure its out there somewhere

im assuming there was a different announcer during beta?

Vxoid

05-16-2010

ok. i found the older announcer. the male ones. its at a different rate though and are in ogg.

should i upload them somewhere?

Vxoid

05-16-2010

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2BOKDUL

i only archived the male announcer sounds, 20 of them in ogg format, from CB3.

if someone can get these working, id like to try it out also.

Linage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

So now when I play fiddle sticks I can have a sound clip that goes "IMA FIRING MY LAZORZ" every time I use his drain life move :O