[Tutorial] How to mod the sound files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snakehips

07-28-2011

They must've changed something in the way they pack the fsb file. I wasn't able to replace my sounds and put them back together. The file is a lot smaller than the original one and the sounds are all messed up. Usually I have no problem with this. Can someone look into it please? I don't want to hear that stupid lesbian voice announcing my kills.

IS19abb317d9baed497b971

07-28-2011

Bump. Someone good with sounds should unpack the .fsb and try to open them now.

Snakehips

07-28-2011

I don't really care about the server split or the fact that we can't transfer accounts yet. Or that certain champs are OP or UP or boring or whatever. Just give me my **** UT99 announcer voices back Riot!

ASYLUM101

07-28-2011

Yeah this doesn't work anymore.

The file extensions are missing first of all, and secondly, some files are missing a few characters that prevent them from working. If you give some of the files an extension - they still don't work.

So...someone has to fix the tool or we can abandon all hopes of being able to hear demonblade trynd. :P

Firstoni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

There are other things you can do to hear demonblade (fmod event player and musicplayerex) both still work for playing the FSB files its just we cant extract / repack the file properly anymore with the current fsbext tool....

Ravun

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
I can see all the Shurelia sound packs now. Also don't forget that this will almost certainly break your patch so you'll have to rollback those files before patching.
You know you guys could totally add a 3rd party mod folder to prevent this.

Snakehips

07-28-2011

Wrote an email to the guy who programmed the tool. Let's see if he cares to update it.

Orpheus1412

07-28-2011

bump

Snakehips

07-29-2011

bump

eFIVE

07-29-2011

bump

and when is riot going to realise how LAME the current announcer is, they could easily make some $ putting out some announcer packs.