[Misc. Guide] How to 'Get' Skins for 'Free'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sadez33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

but does anybody knows how to add legendary skins with the voices and animations??

patheticmacgamer

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuviris View Post
can someone plese to a vid tutorial or somethign, or explain a little more cause im stuck on the part where you say change and swtich the names, im not fully understanding that, thakn you
When you switch the names, I think it means you rename the annie.dds as annie in wonderland.dds (or whatever it's called), and vice versa.

C0ntr0lLeD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-13-2011

lol

PlagueBoy

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadez33 View Post
but does anybody knows how to add legendary skins with the voices and animations??
I THINK that you do it by swapping the other files too like the animations.

Endur1337

05-08-2011

ahh the joys of dds files done this for a long time already but went back to regular got sick of making new ones every week and this works on many others games not hard to figure out but nice contribution

friskydungo

05-10-2011

Did they remove is or something?When i go into my data folder all i see is CFG, FONTS, AND MENU folders not character folder.

takedown47

05-23-2011

I can't find the HeroPak_client.zip file

MeTerriBad

05-23-2011

ye i think file structure was changed in the recent launcher update..

does this get you banned?

Amatzikahni

05-23-2011

There are no longer individual files for skins and whatnot; it's all conjoined into 4-5 files. I've seen a program that can take your old folders and convert them into the equivalent current files, but I haven't tested it yet. Since the modifications are 100% client-side and do not effect gameplay, I would imagine it is not illegal to mod skins.

takedown47

05-23-2011

so what are the new files for some of the skins