Warick, why is he bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gmooney

07-22-2013

Just heard the comment from another post "Warwick is just a beast late game, his early game is just terribad though. To the point he's barely viable in Season 3." What makes his so bad early game. I have high damage runes/masteries and i play him top lane. I'm in a elo hell and yeah. I have played him on most of my ranked matches. I don't see him as a bad champ, but why does everyone else call him a bad champ? All i really do is 1) outfarm 2) split push till mid game 3) In team fights i flash in ult their ADC and put BotRK on him by that time the ADC is gone and my sustain is so high im at full health as my team wacks on theirs. Please explain why he is bad, or is it just that people my elo dont know how to play against it? I don't know ahah please explain.

Glitterlance

07-22-2013

Well, WW is normally played as a jungler, and he is the easiest jungler to learn how to jungle with. This is because of his long sustain, and ganks are easy when you have your ultimate. However, he has no other outstanding traits. WW is mainly a champion to learn jungling with. Other junglers can clear the jungle faster and more effectively.

TheGrayBuffoon

07-22-2013

Considering he has a 51.65% win rate he does just fine. The issue is he needs his Ultimate to effectively gank which doesn't occur until level 6. Thus Warwick needs to stay in jungle until then (though I have seen WW gank before level 6). This is probably why at higher ELOs you won't see him that often.

When I play Nautilus if I decide to put a point in his Q,W, and E I can gank at level 3 though usually I wait until level 4. Early ganks, as you well know, can be very effective.

Lyev

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrayBuffoon View Post
Considering he has a 51.65% win rate he does just fine. The issue is he needs his Ultimate to effectively gank which doesn't occur until level 6. Thus Warwick needs to stay in jungle until then (though I have seen WW gank before level 6). This is probably why at higher ELOs you won't see him that often.

When I play Nautilus if I decide to put a point in his Q,W, and E I can gank at level 3 though usually I wait until level 4. Early ganks, as you well know, can be very effective.
What if you got runes that would increase you EXP gain, would it make him more effective or is the small amount of EXP from the jungle not worth it?

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2013

It's not that he's bad, it's just that other junglers are better.

Compare him to Sejuani. Sure you can shut down an adc, but Sej can shut down an entire team (and do more dmg). Then she has other abilities that offer cc on a lower cooldown (her Q and E). WW only does dmg with his Q after he blows his ulti (although the w steroid is nice). As others pointed out, early game junglers like Sej and Naut can successfully pull off ganks. Pre-6, laners just walk away from ww without blowing flash or anything.

As a top laner, WW gets destroyed by champs with heal reduction skills, items, or ignite. Again, it's not that he's bad, just that other options are better!

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2013

^ Exactly. It's really not that he is bad. He is just outdated and outshined by way too much (powercreeped to hell and back). What Warwick does someone else can do a lot better.

I stopped jungling with him because you need items, levels and gold to be useful and you can't really get that as a jungler unless you get fed really early. He is better off in a solo lane now. Hopefully the changes Morello wants to do for him help him as a jungler.

Silvertip Legend

07-22-2013

I think he needs better area clear, his single target clearing is SO slow even at high levels!!

Madraac

07-22-2013

WW is rough in the early to mid, but it is a trade off.

If your team is willing to understand WW's playstyle it will help. WW has below average ganks prior to level 6, but if you can get an early kill or a couple of assists you will begin to make a huge difference, but the same is said for ALL junglers, just more can do it at level 3 or 4 easier. The only benefit to WW is that you can go one pot, Machete, and sightward, versus needing to have 5 pots as most champs do. His sustain keeps him in the jungle forever, so you can easily farm until just before the second blue comes back up, port, spend 1000+ gold and rinse repeat until level 6.

However, between level 6 and 10, while laning phase is still going on hopefully, if you can bait the enemy to overextending and ult them with the lane champ still in lane, you have secured a kill for sure. I have found if I am in pre-made's, it works even better as they will let the tower get down to a few hundred HP and then back off. This keeps the laning phase lasting a bit longer which does help Warwick.

The comment about being terribad, is more when playing in high level 5v5 premade's, but in standard games and / or low ELO ranked, he is still viable. I also stand by the statement that any champ being used by a pro, is still going to be way better than me, just like any champ that you practice with 500 times versus 10 times is going to be better too.

Chillzilla

07-22-2013

well once you hit some team composition.. or hell even a single stun or popup saved for ur ult its bad news. So you flash in, ult then u get stunned - what now? You have no escape, your flash is gone, you melt to the enemy team that you flashed and ulted to hit an adc which puts you a long ways from help. Or if the ADC goes with cleanse it completely ****'s on your ult.

He's a fun char that makes jungle easy to learn but at higher skill levels where people coordinate and not just auto lock he can be dismissed almost completely