Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would this be a good idea?

Yes 5 27.78%
No 10 55.56%
Possibly 3 16.67%
Voters 18 .

Item for magic with thornmail type effect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

22e28

07-26-2011

I think that an item should be made that has 30% of all magic damage returned to the summoner. What do you guys think?

Escaroid

Recruiter

07-26-2011

Lol veigar ends up nuking himself.

T3cK

07-26-2011

I though of this at one point. Why not have an item that takes magic damage and returns physical? The answer: you would have veigar/leblanc/annie bursting themselves down while you take next to no damage. I still think it would be hilarious

bobboyjoe

Recruiter

07-26-2011

I dont think it is a good idea as most casters have to use all thier CD's to try and kill someone with either thier combo or just nukes and hope they can get them all off before they die. If they are able to get thier combo/nukes off they then basicly back off and wait for thier CD's to finish again(normaly pretty good length cool downs). The main problem I see with this is that the casters would kill themselves when they go to do thier combo/nuke as they already put themselves in a posistion of danger when going to cast the spells. The reason Thornmail works is that the champions it is going to be effective against could normaly live the full combos of casters and continue to destory them, at least endgame. The other group that thornmail is effective against is the range carry and these champions normaly are able to attack, well, from a range keeping them out of imediate danger where as casters have to put themselves in some danger to get full combo/nuke off. I could be completly wrong and off but I don't think so lol.

CalebH

07-26-2011

*sigh* Pretty much, then you get this and Thornmail and a ton of health, and everybody kills themself(except people with tons of lifesteal/spell vamp) when they try to kill you.

bumbumb

07-26-2011

Theres more than enough spell mitigation items in the game to not have this item you speak of exist. not hating on you... its just not necessary. BV, QSS, FoN, so many types of items mitigate spells... its just not worth having an item like this.

Tokinatoor

07-26-2011

I love it!!!!!

But i play bruisers.

It would stop those annoying instances when a fed malazar just nukes you down to 0% and laugh.

Or when the annie blows your ass into oblivion.

Some casters like swain and singed might just laugh it off.