Patcher stuck at 99%

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frank O Shen

07-26-2011

My patcher is stuck today on the Wukong patch. It seems to have downloaded and remembered downloading all the rest of the patch, but it's stuck at the very last bit. It's at 99% and on a file called Amumu.skl. After sitting there for roughly 10 minutes, it will tell me I don't have a stable connection (which isn't true, I'm able to play other games and download other things while this happens. Tried with and without doing this.) Is there a fix? Or is it possible that someone could just upload this one file and I could place it in a certain folder? (I've seen the Wrenchmen do this with some other files.)

Personally, Riot, I think uploading manual patches would be a good thing to start doing. I don't often have problems patching, but when I do, that would be greatly helpful. I'm sure a lot of other players can agree. A lot of the time, I've seen players prefer manual patches simply due to the stability.

Edit: Elaborated on Issue

Edit 2: Added Logs

Edit 3: Still no help from Riot. Tried switching my server to EU just so I could play. I got the same problem with their new patch... This one actually angers me, because I DO have an IP boost running over there that is just wasting away. I've tried repair with no luck. I want to avoid having to reinstall just because I feel the problem will persist, and with me not being home now, it will take ages to download and patch.

Edit 4: Tried re-installing. No luck. Stuck on another file. I'm getting pretty angry. I've bought plenty of RP, I'm a paying customer. I expect to be treated like one.

Edit 5: Well, someone found a solution that worked for some players! I first reinstalled, then tried patching again, and then closed it, and followed this guy's steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRaider View Post
Yay!!!! I got mine to work!

I rebooted the computer modem and router. Then I started a repair and let it roll into updating the patch. I did hit that same point where it usually hung. There was a massive drop off in download speed, but I just waited for nearly 2 hours while it finished the download. Once done, it just patched as normal.

Hope this helps you guys

Frank O Shen

07-26-2011

Bump

Frank O Shen

07-26-2011

I have no qualms about shamelessly bumpy this thread.

EyesOnYou

07-26-2011

bump

EyesOnYou

07-26-2011

the same thing happened to me, it says i don't have enough space or bad connection but I am downloading other things too - plus I just got this comp wiped out so it has plenty of space. please tell us what to do.

Frank O Shen

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnYou View Post
the same thing happened to me, it says i don't have enough space or bad connection but I am downloading other things too - plus I just got this comp wiped out so it has plenty of space. please tell us what to do.
Yeah, until Riot makes a patch that's over a terabyte, I've got plenty of room. I downloaded the game Dragon Nest while trying to patch the first time without a hitch.

EyesOnYou

07-26-2011

there's always something wrong with the patch somewhere in the world. we seriously need manual patches, solves a lot of problems

EyesOnYou

07-26-2011

i tried patching the european one and it worked but i can't finish patching the us one.

Frank O Shen

07-26-2011

Here's the logs.

Arcanec

07-26-2011

This is happening to me too, so yeah.

BUMP