Shen's Stand United

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EcoEco

05-24-2010

Copied

Stand United (180/150/120 seconds)
Places a shield on both a target allied champion and Shen, absorbing 300/525/750 (+0 ability power) damage for 7.5 seconds(Shen's shield absorbs half as much damage). After channeling for 2.5 seconds, Shen teleports to the target's location.

You pretty much use it for when you want to save an ally, save yourself or even just as a teleport to help kill an inhib for example.

You would really want to use it to save someone else while they have more than 50% Health. This is because if they were running then they wouldn't die in 1 hit right after the shield wears off. You might get there in time before the shield wears off. If you want to use it on yourself to escape, it doesn't really matter. Since if they damage through your shield, you'll still be there.

That's all the basic stuff that all Shen player should know.

But what I really want to say is for those non-Shen players. If you have Shen's Ulti used on you, you only have a shield that takes up 300/525/750 damage or lasting only for 7.5 seconds. The Shield pops on YOU right after I cast it, so when you see me you only have 5 seconds left before the shield is GONE.

Also 750 damage is pretty good for 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 but definitely not 1 vs 3 or 1 vs 4. That shield would not save you.

For squishy champions like Ashe, TF, Master Yi, Teemo. These guys rely on auto attack and take time to dish out the damage. Seriously, if you're alone and being chased by 3 or more and you see Shen's shield on you, keep on running. If you see me there, and I taunt and lure them away from you. Keep on running, I will have my ways of escaping because why else would I jump in? To Suicide? Do not try to 2 vs 3 or 4. After the 1-2 second taunt that I used to lure them away from you. I have nothing to save you from being targetted.

For nuking champions like Ryze, Veigar, Annie. You guys can stay and kill off someone and then run. Because it only take 2 seconds for you to unleash you combo and possibly killing someone or damaging them a lot so that they would back off.

For tanky champions like Blitz, Sion, Jax, if the 3-4 enemy champions are pretty injured. If its 3 we should be able to force them back or kill someone really squishy. But definitely run away if it takes more than 10 seconds. Why? Because there would be reinforcements. Chasing them isn't a good option either.

For other champions where they have their own escape mechanisms, like Shaco or Kat, they can stay too because the only reason they were caught up and attacked was probably their escaping mechanism was on cooldown. Plus Kat can unleash her ulti and heavily damage them while they are taunted.

There are a lot more champions with different scenarios where you'll have to judge by yourself. Some can stay, some should run away. But if you see that NONE of your teammates are even trying to get to where you are or they are extremely far away. I don't think you should stay and fight. You're out numbered to start of with, and enemy might have the remaining champions coming as well.

Yes, I am ranting about how some players do not realize this. But although I am ranting, I do want to state this out for those that do not know. Because people don't seem to know what to do in these situations. I'm not saying that this is the best way of playing, I'm just saying that these are possibly better options. Or options you should keep in mind.

Lastly, if your enemy team have TF, Twitch or Eve. I do suggest saving Shen's Stand United. Because these champions will try to kill off anyone alone. If its TF, its a lot easier. Just teleport in once you see his cards opening up. The guy thats being saved, don't run. TF is squishy, Shen deals decent damage. With both of you, you should easily kill of TF. Twitchy is another story because of his poison. Eve is also another story because she nukes and will and can kill off the injured champion easily.

CS RaiL

05-24-2010

Good. +1

Also, don't forget about how some allies don't realise they have the Stand United shield on them and run away. By the time they realise you're beside them they'll try to commit - but by then it's too late to turn the tides of battle as the enemy has already fled, realising that Shen is on his way.

just call me evo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

omg this.

and if i ult someone else, dont rage.

ctw I tympanic

05-24-2010

+ the fact that combinated with Twisted Fate's Ulti, you can always create 3vs1 situations to save each and everyone + come into combat with 2 hero's + the shield for a few seconds. That could get any fight the 'edge' you need to win it.

SalsaRoja

04-04-2011

Necroing because more people need to read this