HoN Referral system vs LoL Referral system

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2011

LoL referral system : Refer 10 people, they get to level 10, you get 1 champion.

HoN referral system : Refer 1 person, get what is equal to a legendary skin in LoL immediately. (20$ worth of Riot Points, and recently the game was on sale for 10$)

Which do you think is better?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legult

Senior Member

04-03-2011

Interesting, let me attempt a counter:

You play LoL and never bother going to the HoN forums because the community is filled with a bunch of uptight twats.

or...

You play HoN, grow insecure about the lifespan of the game you use as a timesink, and desperately flood the LoL forums about all the things that make your game better than LoL in an effort to keep it alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrasilRules

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legult View Post
Interesting, let me attempt a counter:

You play LoL and never bother going to the HoN forums because the community is filled with a bunch of uptight twats.

or...

You play HoN, grow insecure about the lifespan of the game you use as a timesink, and desperately flood the LoL forums about all the things that make your game better than LoL in an effort to keep it alive.
idk what ur talking about man, 50,000 concurrent players were online last week, HoN isnt going to die any time soon


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilRules View Post
idk what ur talking about man, 50,000 concurrent players were online last week, HoN isnt going to die any time soon
I enjoy HoN as well as LoL. However, the majority of HoN players will defect to DOTA2.

That and LoL is the 2nd most played online PC game. (2nd to WoW) and 3rd overall played on the PC (wow 1st, Sims3 2nd)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSocket

Junior Member

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie2 View Post
LoL referral system : Refer 10 people, they get to level 10, you get 1 champion.

HoN referral system : Refer 1 person, get what is equal to a legendary skin in LoL immediately. (20$ worth of Riot Points, and recently the game was on sale for 10$)

Which do you think is better?
These make sense when you think about it. LoL is free to play; if it was like HoN it would be far too easy to smurf for the reward. Because you pay for HoN, one referral has already put money in the developer's wallet, and thus the reward. With LoL, while you've brought more players to their base, that isn't guaranteed profit, and thus the reward is lower.

Context is important.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruby Larkspur

Senior Member

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilRules View Post
idk what ur talking about man, 50,000 concurrent players were online last week, HoN isnt going to die any time soon
Its true, the reason is that DotA 2 is not yet released


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VortexMagus

Senior Member

04-04-2011

On the other hand, smurfing in LoL is far, far easier, so I'd say the whole "LoL has ten gajillion more users than HoN" is a rather specious argument, since I know most LoL players have at least one smurf, and some have many. Not even including LoL players who make new accounts just to play in different realms.

LoL has a much larger playerbase than HoN but not entirely sure its as large as everyone likes to think it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

04-04-2011

Most importantly, nothing in this thread is either a guide, or a strategy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishous

Senior Member

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexMagus View Post
On the other hand, smurfing in LoL is far, far easier, so I'd say the whole "LoL has ten gajillion more users than HoN" is a rather specious argument, since I know most LoL players have at least one smurf, and some have many. Not even including LoL players who make new accounts just to play in different realms.

LoL has a much larger playerbase than HoN but not entirely sure its as large as everyone likes to think it is.
Not as big as everyone likes to think it is, but big enough that people from there have to spam another game´s forums to announce deals.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacull Kinslayer

Senior Member

04-04-2011

I have a DEAL for you. How about I offer you a game where you can play for free vs a game that basically poor imitation of the original and it costs $10.

Hmmmmm


12