Opinion of the detailed suggestion?

Good 599 84.60%
Bad 52 7.34%
Neither - I have my own suggestion 57 8.05%
Voters: 708. You may not vote on this poll

Renekton - A MINOR Change

1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA1

07-26-2011

So most of the threads about Renekton are either people saying he's UP, or people saying he's balanced. I personally find he's somewhat, just a little, only slightly underpowered, and I think a reason for that may be his passive.

As is, his current passive is: When Renekton is below 50% health, he gains 50% extra fury from all fury generating sources.

I find this to be lackluster, particularly because you spend most of your time above 50% health.

My proposed change is this: For each 1% of health missing, Renekton gains 1% extra fury from all fury generating sources.

The idea behind this is to normalize his fury gain across his respective status. If he's having an easy time in lane, he doesn't get much extra fury. If he's having trouble, he gains it a bit faster, and if he's having a hell of a hard time, he gains it much faster. It is a buff, but a minor one. He'll still be at the same spot for fury gain when he's at 50% health, but this new passive will be of a little more use when he's at 25% or 75% or, god forbid, 5% and he desperately needs to Q up some minions for health.

Ideas? Suggestions? Opinions?

Discuss.

Edit: You guys have to post if you want Riot to ever notice this thread in the sea of **** that is General.

Edit2: With everyone else getting nerfed, I think Renekton is in a good place now. This change would fall more under a 'quality of life change' rather than any major buff.

Edit3: Well Riot moved my thread to Champion Feedback. I doubt it's ever gonna be seen now. -_-

AxisXIViral

07-26-2011

I could potentially be on board with this...but it's hard to say exactly how much stronger this will make him. It does encourage aggressive play to a degree though, which is good.

Hexapus

07-26-2011

I see no problem with this.

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

Better then nothing, but how would 1% of 5 fury work?

ArchDukeCran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

his current passive is trash...

In a fight,
using your rage up,
losing some health,
...Enemy is going to let you drag the fight out so you can generate some extra rage?
fat chance...

It isn't an effective innate ability...

I think a possible new one could be something along the lines of his pre-release passive plus the passive off of amumus tantrum

Ren's CD for the last ability he used is reduced by __amount whenever he takes damage and if Ren is below 50% he gains bonus Armor/MR

Anyone that does want a Ren change obviously plays Nasus...

Thramadan

07-26-2011

good logic and well explained post OP, would like to see some other's feedback on this as well

Muckbeast

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDukeCran View Post
Ren's CD for the last ability he used is reduced by __amount whenever he takes damage and if Ren is below 50% he gains bonus Armor/MR
I really like bonus ARMOR/MR when under 50% health.

What was his pre-release passive?

His current passive is trash.

NA1

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
Better then nothing, but how would 1% of 5 fury work?
Same way 50% of 5 fury works. Riot keeps track of all decimal values, but doesn't bother to show them. There's no need, really; who wants to know they have 75.5 fury, and not just 75/76?

Tenant

Friend of Urf

07-26-2011

Might be good...but I'm a bit afraid it would change up his interaction with Fury a bit too much, as he was probably designed strictly with his current Fury management system.

Neat suggestion though.

Butterface

07-26-2011

As an x renekton player i like this alot

1234511 ... 30