Nidalee - Still top tier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qason

04-28-2010

Lately, I've come across Nidalee and found that she is extremely fun to play. Her heals are great, and her cougar form is great for piling off decently damaging blows without using mana.

One problem - I continue to be shoved into the ground. I've lost the past ten matches in a row. Either due to horrible team mates, or simply better characters on the opposing team. Jax, for example, tears me apart everytime I get close to him.

I'm a level thirty, who has tried out multiple builds for Nidalee, including AD and AP. AP more recently though. So I ask, is she still considered a top tier character? If so, why is she so easily outmatched?

I would love to continue playing as her, but she just doesn't seem like the top tier character I had initially heard she was. Perhaps I'm simply not playing her right, and if so, I would love some tips on how to be a better Nidalee.

Asking for:
- Answer to thread title.
- Tips for a solid Nidalee.
- AD or AP builds.

Thank you!

Admonished

04-28-2010

Don't go AP all you'll be good for is heals which putter out past early-mid game. Now i personally don't like Nidalee and don't usually play her but she is definately high tier. Early game you should hardly ever leave your lane cuz your heal is so spammable also she's heavy on the harrassment you gotta control your lane to get the most outta her. Just something to think about, also nidalee is not a carry she's good a ganking if you build trinity and or have red rune.

Carados

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonished View Post
Don't go AP all you'll be good for is heals which putter out past early-mid game.
Well, and 3:1 AP ratio spear shots and two of her cat skills

Admonished

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Well, and 3:1 AP ratio spear shots and two of her cat skills
Trust me Ap is not the way to build Nidalee. That's comprable to playing Sion dps, sure you COULD but hes better ap.

ALCie

04-28-2010

AP Nidalee is viable. AP adds much more survivability and she still does a ton of damage. I still prefer to go AD/Hybrid play style.

Dorans Ring
Sheen
Rageblade
Brutalizer/Last Whisper
Trinity Force

When I first started playing Nidalee, I lost a lot too. She is not the easiest champion to play or to be consistent with. Eventually you will improve. Oh, and dont 1v1 Jax. Even 2v1 is risky.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2010

I wouldn't call Nidalee "top tier". She's strong and such, but also very easily a dead cougar in team fights.
I personally use AD/Hybrid, starting with Doran Ring and going for a Sheen/Brutalizer + Rageblade. You should be aware that while Cougar form is strong, her autoattacks in human form are also strong when coupled with Primal Surge, so don't ever neglect attacking in human form otherwise you might find yourself overextended.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Yeah, AD hybrid works very well. I usually start with Ruby Crystal (people don't harass you much with you enter lane with 600 HP and a heal). After that, I build the following, order depending on how game is going:

Treads
Rageblade
Brutalizer/Youmuu (Hey, an upgrade, and it makes you even better at escaping/chasing!)
Phage
Zeal

I'm trying to decide whether I prefer Frozen Mallet or Trinity Force off the phage... Trinity gives nice stats, but Mallet's 100% slow is good for keeping enemies in range for when you go cougar to kill. I've also built Atma in long games. (With Youmuu, ends up around 50% critical rate, which with high aspd is awesome) Probably would make Dancer eventually... I mean, who wouldn't want to critical an enemy at 40% and oneshot with Takedown?

Thistlemin

04-28-2010

I am not top tier ELO so my opinion of what champs are Top tier very well could be distorted. She's up there IMO.

She is a carry, not sure what the other person was thinking saying she isn't. She's a huge carry with a good player using an AD build. Whomever said AP adds a lot of survivability, I disagree. It only does for one reason, you're playing more support rather than more of a carry role getting your hands dirty. Either way I don't die often as Nidalee and niether do many of my better's who main Nid.

Flankd's guide is still the best out there for Summonor's Rift. Are you playing TT or SR?

Doran's Ring is a viable starter item. I prefer to rush Sheen. I rarely if ever get Trinity's Force even though it is good on her, I prefer spending my money on other items that I feel buff her more earlier in the game. If I do get Trinity it will be in a very long match as my last item or close to it.

Build:
Starter Items: Mana Crystal + HP pot
1st Trip Back: Mana Crystal--->Sheen + Rank 1 boots
After that it depends on the game. You have two routes to go. 1) Build Sword of the Occult or 2) Build Rageblade.

I prefer Sword of the Occult if I think I can get some kills or my team isn't plain awful. THey better your team is the more likely you can spend time getting kills & assists instead of tower hugging.

SotO, Mercury Treads, then Pickaxe--->Rageblade
BF Sword---> Black Cleaver OR Bloodthirster
Negatron Cloak--->Banshee's Veil

End build-
Merc's, Sheen, SotO, Rageblade, BC/Thirster, B.V.

Tips:
1) Cleanse/Flash
2) Learn when to and not to pop Cleanse
3) Learn when to chase & when to run, how to avoid being the first one into Team fights
4) Use your traps to ward off ganks
5) Practice your Flash/Catform attacks with Sheen once you hit lvl 6. The first time opponents see you after you get sheen is shocking considering how much more damage she does.
6) Heal or Trap first, Q last of the three, I go E, W, Q, E, E, R but you could switch the first two.
7) Traps are a one point wonder
8) Liz buff helps act as your Exhaust or CC so get it when you can
9) Don't waste your time with Att Speed items, E buff acts for this, Catform doesn't need it either way.
10) Nidaleee is a DO Everything champ....get good at doing everything, getting buffs, laning, ganking, prevent farm/farm yourself, pushing towers, healing teammates, get Dragon for your team, trap it.

You'll get there, keep practicing. You definitely learn what you're capable of as you go with champs, picking up new skills and ways of playing as you go.

Good luck to you!

Anomy

04-29-2010

My Guide To Nidalee, The Bestial Huntress

Try it out. There's a lot of fun ways to build Nidalee, but i recommend taking Crit for any AD build on a champion that AD doesn't stack to their abilities.

Exhaust is extremly useful against physical carries, and Ignite is great against life steal, health regen, and heals. I recommend Flash for new Nidalees. To catch opponents off guard at level 6, try flash/ignite.

I suggest going either Physical DPS, or AP DPS + Long range nuke, and hybrid with CDR items.

Found someone's video on youtube that shows where Nidalee can wall pounce on Summoner's Rift, and Twisted Treeline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_vyrTRE9Rg

Louise

04-29-2010

i build my nidalee as a tank and i carry auras for my team (aegis/starks/shroud)

it doesn't matter what you build as, if the enemy sees a kitty they will try and blow it up. 1v1 you can kill anyone (might take some time) and in teamfights you don't gib instantly (and you res with guardian angel if you do)

kitty still does damage with no dps items, and you might think they can just ignore the "tank" because she has no initiation, but they won't. trust me they never do.

they WILL try and kill the kitty first