Some Ryze comments & math

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WestminsterNinja

08-01-2011

Quote:
Health regeneration is for the EARLY levels (1-12) where there's no way you can afford ANY spell vamp items.
I don't buy spell vamp items.

MorikTheMad

08-01-2011

Oh thats another thing about blue buff--charging up tear.

If you get blue buff at lvl 6 (I wait til 6 so my initial volley takes out the other creeps. Without that I can't really solo golem, at least from the limited testing I've done trying to solo golem prior to 6):
- you get a bunch of CDR, which is good for ganking & for charging tear faster
- the mana regen means you CAN sit around spamming spells on minion waves, charging your tear faster

I'm really a fan of getting it when you can do so without really hurting someone else on your team. Being able to constantly charge your tear without having to B all the time is quite nice. (WIthout blue buff, you will likely conserve mana and just not charge as fast, or you will end up b'ing all the time)

Deathfairy

08-07-2011

Ok here is my 2c.

#1) WoA should be CORE item. It is great team item, any caster will appreciate 25% vamp, for most of them it might not mean much in fight, but after fight is done and you pushing being able to heal to full hp by nuking creeps is nice, for ap tanks it is easily 300+ hp in the fight. As for yourself, in longer fights u can leach upwards of 1.5k hp during the fight.

2) Strength of spirit. Yes it is nice hp5, however i manage to reach 955 gold almost every game without it, at which point you need to back anyway, after that few pots ensure i can stay in lane and usually i have to back due to lack of mana. If you are solo mid going back is hardly an issue at all, ult nuke the creep wave port you ll be back without losing even half the wave of creeps.

3) Cdr, i think we can all agree that you HAVE to have 40% cdr with frozen heart. Given 10% from q that leaves 10% to be gotten from talents/runes. However i personally don't like to wait for frozen heart to max cdr, I prefer to be cdr maxed once i have glacial. It has to do with my usual build of:

tear
boots
glacial
BV
revolver/WoA
Frozen heart
GA
AA

I might switch it up if i am against heavy burst caster and get MR/hp first.

As you can see frozen heart comes late so for now i use cdr/level which alows me to be cdr maxed with glacial at lvl 13. The set up is not perfect, for example flat cdr is 100% better, i also wish i could fit some flat mana in there, but i don't see how.

NickPham

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
tear
boots
glacial
BV
revolver/WoA
Frozen heart
GA
AA
Great post. I don't see myself going WotA over Abyssal myself, but you put out a compelling argument for sure.