The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priamos

05-10-2010

Very useful observations.

Ok, I tried playing a jungling game as Evelyn. I never realized how appropriate her saying "Time to Feed" when you order her around was, since mostly all she does is feed. But while jungling, you can handily keep pace with a dual lane.

Confirming that Eve's passive WORKs on jungle creeps. I took a couple screenshots of me fighting a wolf, and the calculations indicated that the 50% reduction had to be in effect. For example, I had 33% damage reduction through armor, and Eve has a 50% damage reduction for her passive. Basic Wolfs do 18 damage. The wolf did 6 to me, 50% reduced for the passive and 33% on top of that from armor. So 66% reduction, which makes the calculation work.

Red Elixir and 5 Health Potions. Smite and Teleport, though you can use Heal I guess, it gives a bit more consistency. However, Smite and Heal increases the possibility of a queue dodge, since other players might think that they are noobish spells, especially on an Evelyn. So tread carefully.

10/10/10 mastery build.

Start with the Wolf Camp, wherever it is. Smite the Rabid Wolf, then kill off the other two. Drink your elixir and a potion, head to the wraith camp and kill them. It will be close, but you should be able to do it with another health potion. You should be at level 2 by now.

Go B, then go Golem, Smite should be back by now. Pop another health pot, and you got it. Kill the other wolf/small golem camp.

At this point I was almost level 4, but I pussied out and rejoined the lane with 2 health potions left. Still, it saves you 4 levels of misery in a lane, being harassed to oblivion. And you have a Golem buff.

The problem is to find a team that will let me try this without queue-dodging me.

CarbunkleFlux

05-10-2010

Quote:
The problem is to find a team that will let me try this without queue-dodging me.
Totally. It's near impossible to solo queue or even practice game with actual people to do a jungler. I know my patterns, but I still haven't done a proper jungling Malphite game so I can learn my limits and the when I can/should gank. That kinda stuff you need to do in real matches or you won't learn anything.

Priamos

05-10-2010

Yeah, it's really sad that people think that only WW can jungle. I sometimes had people bug me for jungling even with Shaco. I mean, skepticism is understood when you're using someone like Amumu, but if you don't think people like Shaco and Udyr can jungle, you gotta branch out more.

Bluff

05-10-2010

Props on the HHGTG reference =)

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

thanks, and thank you everyone for keeping this bumped and contributing. I hope to have some time soon to go through all posts and provide updates. I really cant get too specific on champions, and am going to try to keep it to 1 line for each category I presented.

iPlayToWiN

05-10-2010

Any luck with Jungleing as Morde, i have tried a few options but generally can't even take down the double golem camp.

Priamos

05-10-2010

I don't have Morde so I can't try it, but generally speaking if you go Elixir of Fortitude and 5 Health Pots, along with Smite, you can make a lot of people get to level 4 jungling at least. Just don't expect to do it at WW level speed.

malphismia

05-10-2010

I really don't think Morde should jungle, as his farming ability in a lane is way too good to pass up.

10/10/10 mastery build for eve is really odd lol although as you mentioned, it skips her horrible early laning phase, and an mia invisible ganker is a decent asset.

EDIT: Anyone have advice on Rammus jungling? I'm using the same strategy as I do when I jungle malphite, but he gets really low HP, whereas malphite is pretty solid.

iPlayToWiN

05-11-2010

Great point on the Morde thing, but he farms lanes so well i tend to starve someone i'm laning with.

Thats the main reason i was curious.

mufty

05-11-2010

can anyone post a YI jungle guide ? new Yi of course