The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Add Morgana to the list of Mage junglers and I will be happy. Her TS and DB are now amazingly good for Jungling due to CD reduction and MR reduction post patch. Not to mention her passive.

Radchek

05-05-2010

Champion Name: Malphite
strengths - Early and easy ganks with his ult, e,q combo. After all he is the Tank assassin.
weaknesses - A bit slow, tier2, Mana reliant, Mastery build that really nails him down to burst assassin playstyle.
item start and quick rough build - Cloth armor, 5x healing pots -> Heart of gold, spd 1 Boots
summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) - Ghost/smite, ArP(red), flat Dodge(yellow), mp5/mp5 per level mix, Flat HP(quints). Mastery: dodge,exp, Utlity(specifically cd reduction)
jungle pattern - Golem pair for level 2, then go straight for mana buff.

Tazildanda

05-06-2010

I'm really intrigued by the idea of jungling Gragas. Is it really viable?

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

yes, very.

malphismia

05-06-2010

Add this information:

Jungle Buff Durations:

Nashors: 8 minutes, buff lasts 5 minutes
Dragon: 6 minute respawn
Golem/Lizard: 5 minute respawn, 2.5 minute duration
Creeps: 90-100 seconds respawn

Nashor first spawns at 15, Dragon first spawns at 2:30, Liz/Golem spawn at 1:55, regular creeps spawn at 1:40

-----

Had a question, does nashor do attack or magic damage?

And you might want to put madreds bloodrazor on recommended items, it's like 15% chance of doing smite each time you hit, kind of negates the purpose of smite after you get it, which is why some junglers rush madreds instead of getting smite.

Tazildanda

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
yes, very.

Oh see you can't just answer the question and then not explain.

CoVi

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazildanda View Post
Oh see you can't just answer the question and then not explain.
Grab lvl 1 W then E, Red Elixir mass hp potions... start with golems ---> big golem buff etc.

You'll be amazed.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

05-07-2010

Didn't read through to see if someone has already post him, but the original post did not include it so I will give my thoughts on Shen

Champion Name: Shen
strengths -
Shen, unlike many other junglers, is useful THROUGHOUT the game, but especially late game. Where other junglers are arguably weak characters when it comes to late game (nunu, warwick, etc.) shen is one of the best tanks, and can jungle with the only sacrifice being a summoner spell. In addition to being an effective ganker with very formidable burst, he is also a COUNTER-ganker at level 6 and beyond. In addition he requires neither buff to level effectively, which allows you to hand them off to your carries or supports earlier than other junglers would allow. All will fear the level 4 blue buff zilean that goes back to lane. He jungles quickly between ki strike and his spammable nuke, staying above the side lanes and nearly keeping up with the solo lanes (although not quite).

weaknesses -
Early game jungling leaves shen at mid to low amounts of health, and susceptible to ganks (levels 1-3). He also has troubles standing up to other tier 1 junglers like warwick and udyr, but can toe to toe with them. I haven't run into enough of them 1 on 1 to give a definitive judgement on who would win even health and evenly buffed, but I would put money on shen winning due to the nature of the energy system being vastly superior to mana early game. These weaknesses disappear by level 7 at the latest, and as early as level 4.

item start and quick rough build -
Cloth armor+2-5 pots. You can either use 2 pots and blue pill back as soon as you get 550g and get ninja tabi (which makes jungling laughable) or use 5 pots and stay in jungle until you can afford a tabi+leviathan. Both methods work, and I prefer 5 pots because I am loathe to blue pill early. The cloth armor builds into tabi and the item build is then a tank one. Leviathan-->Aegis-->Guardian Angel is my general route.

summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) -
Cleanse/Smite/whatever you want, I use armor pen marks/cd per level glyphs/dodge seals and flat health quintessences/0/21/9 for imp cleanse and 1 point in utility mastery. The runes/spec I use gives you some extra survivability (1 damage block (I only use one point) extra armor, and 160 extra health with 7% dodge) in the first few levels.

jungle pattern -
Take Q first and use it on whatever target you are killing whenever it is up, because that is your regen. Use potions as you need them, but be sure that you don't waste their regen. Start with the small camp by blue buff, kill them. If it's golems use smite, if not you can choose to save it for the ghost camp. Ghost camp is next and slightly harder, I normally take feint at level 2 to block the damage but that might not even do anything. Without smite, focus down the big ghost and it should die when ki strike refreshes to finish it off. Then go to the final camp below the red buff and finish those off. If you are level 3 by the end, kill red buff. If not, head into their jungle and kill another small creep camp. Once you hit level 3, you can kill a buff monster with smite and a potion.

Skill build I use is Q-->W-->Q-->E-->Q-->R-->Q, max Q then E then W, getting R in as available.

Edit-Well **** me sideways that wasn't concise at all. Didn't think that one through!

strength - one of best junglers in the game due to natural regen from q. ganker by level 4 and COUNTER ganker at level 6, most powerful character late game compared to other junglers (arguably udyr tho) because he is one of the best tanks
weakness -jungling is slightly slow levels 1-3
item start and build - Cloth Armor, 5x hp pots--->ninja tabi into leviathan into aegis into GA
jungle pattern- blue buff small camp into ghosts into the other small camps. Once you have a second level of Q, you can kill a buff monster with smite OR a potion.
skill build- Q-W-Q-E-Q

here is a short version, but if you want to link to this post or something for a more detailed explanation I will leave it up

Excession

05-08-2010

Ok, green buff is confirmed to have 10% CDR.
Also, Baron Nashor gives:
40 Ability Power
40 Damage
3% increase in Health Regeneration
15 increase in Mana Regeneration
900 Experience Points
250 Gold.

Anthalas

05-09-2010

I became interested in the thread and have a few observations on timings:

• To hit lvl 6 you have get 3300xp total
  • Solo lane hits lvl 6 after clearing 10th wave. If no other xp is gained.
  • 10th wave spawns at nexus at 6 minute mark
  • Xp starts at 280 to get to 2nd lvl and is +110 for the next. I.e. 280,390,500...
  • Xp gained in purple above your champ does not reflect xp gained from masteries, runes and Zilean passive.
  • Xp for minions starts at 32, 64, 100 (melee, caster, cannon) and is increased by 3,5,7 every 3rd minute.
  • Xp for Small Wolf is 50
  • Rabid is 90
  • Small golem 140
  • Small lizard 30
  • Small wraith 20
  • Forgot Big wraith
  • Ancient Golem is 220
  • Big Lizard is 200